Is there a difference between Primary usergroup and additional usergroups?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmquist
    • Jan 2006
    • 5.7.X

Is there a difference between Primary usergroup and additional usergroups?

I have a channel that is supposed to be used only by one usergroup. It is an additional usergroup.

If I give that, additional, usergroup full permissions to this channel and all other usergroups no access at all. The additional usergroup can see and do everything but when they post, their posts end up in moderation queue and no follow mail is sent to followers. If I have exactly the same settings and make them a primary usergroup instead everything seems to work as intended. I still have two usergroups with same access settings as before, only changed between primary and additional.

Is this a bug or is it supposed to be that way? And if intended, how do I work around it?

Regards
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Check if "Require Moderation for Posts" is set to No and "Follow Channel Moderation Rules" is set to Yes

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• pmquist
      • Jan 2006
      • 5.7.X

Thanks Glenn,

This saved my day! Have spent so many hours trying to figure this out. It would have been perfect to have an "ignore usergroup"-setting in the forum permissions. In that way you could set permissions for the usergroups involved and dont bother about the ones not involved.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...