Trying to change the landing page, please help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Finger78
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

Trying to change the landing page, please help!

I have been trying for hours to create a custom landing page and have the base url direct to this landing page.

I have tried a few methods of posts I've read from support members of this website and neither are working.

THIS POST used with this post did not work, when i attempted to save the new page with the */ I get an error pop up saying "An unexpected error was returned: 'Duplicate route data: '"

Then, I went back after I saved the new home page */home (because it wouldnt let me save it originally as */) and edited the page and removed the */home to */ and now when I click on the Home nav button (also edited to show */) it just stays on the now labeled */boards and I cannot get to the home page */ at all now.

And then I read this post about editing the htaccess file to redirect and it broke my site until I removed the added text, then it gave my site horrible caching issues within the browser not allowing me to log into the homepage until I literally cleared everything from Chrome aside from stored passwords.

Can ANYONE give me a real, working solution to this with vB 5.2.0??
    Last edited by Finger78; Sat 6 Feb '16, 6:28pm.