Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaceyUK
    • Jun 2014

1 Unpublised Post Issue

So I have a thread telling me there's 1 unpublished post. But I can't seem to find it anywhere, nothing showing in the thread or admin.
    A bug or something else going on?
    See images:
  • pmquist
    • Jan 2006
    • 5.7.X

I have exactly the same issue. The interesting thing is that i dont get this phenomena in Channels created in vB4 before upgrade. It seems to only happen in channels created in vB5.

Comment

• IggyP
      • Mar 2012

i have also seen this, and im having another possibly related issue but regarding approved posts...im having to approve them both front and back end...

Comment

• pmquist
        pmquist commented
        Editing a comment
        With frontend and backend, do you mean using the approve post at the post with frontend and at the message center with backend? Im curious to see if that could help me get rid of the warning signs.

• IggyP
        IggyP commented
        Editing a comment
        oh yes...message center..also front side my mistake but ya i just noticed that they were there was like 40 of em, but the posts were displaying properly so pointless notification? as for the unpublished post warning signs i still see on mine idk
    • IggyP
      • Mar 2012

thats actually could be a sorta big issue....if "approved" posts still flag notifications in message center, how can a moderation panel know which ones were approved at the topic level already? so moderators would need to go thru the same posts twice in alot of cases just to be sure they dont miss any.....or only approve thru the message center i guess, but its kinda messy atm how that is idk if anyone notice that

Comment

• IggyP
        IggyP commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, it is one channel that is to be access only by one usergroup...which is an additional usergroup...which, since there is no longer a setting to disallow posting on others topics i dont see any choice but to leave them sent to moderation? its intended to be author only posting, which i usually approve right after posting, so going to message center is out of the way, then confusing...i noticed that being discussed as well tho about the usergroup n permissions, but for me its a little different

• pmquist
        pmquist commented
        Editing a comment
        Then it seems like the same issue I have. I got the solution that helped me in another thread. This is what I did:
        - Found out what usergroups the users who post in the problem forum belongs to.
        - Went to AdminCP-Channel manager-Forum permissions.
        - In the problem Forum: Made sure all the usergroups that the users with permission to this forum can belong to have the setting -Require Moderation for Posts set to no.

That helped me with not having to moderate posts, but I still have the warnings for unpublished posts that not is correct.

• IggyP
        IggyP commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah see that wont work for me, because i want moderation enabled so all members cant post there
    • PaceyUK
      • Jun 2014

Any solutions yet?

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Someone who is experiencing the issue will need to log this as a bug. The support team cannot fix this.

vB5 Bug
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Replicant
          • Sep 2014

After reading this several days ago, I decided to do some digging as I have had a couple of the triangles ("unpublished posts") throughout my forums since forever. After running a few database queries, I found relations between nodes that had the unpublishdate set and showpublished column set to zero. I ran a query to update the nodes with showpublished=0 to showpublished=1. I then traversed the forums with the triangle icon and found the posts that had been soft deleted which had also been selected to hide. I permanently deleted the posts and the triangles disappeared.

The one thing that comes to mind about this is:
          Once the soft deleted post is hidden by admin, there is no way for admin to unhide the post without direct database manipulation causing these little triangles to appear. Does that make sense? Or am I missing something?

I might add, I don't have any forums that require moderation and never have so I don't think this is a moderation issue.

Comment

• pmquist
            • Jan 2006
            • 5.7.X

Bug report posted: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-15710

Comment