Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • avitor
    • Jun 2007

sitemap not shows

why i get this when i try to view sitemap after build sitemap ?
    this message shows just after completed sitemap build
    Sitemap built successfully. You may view the XML here.
    and when i press for review sitemap i just build on the here
    i get this warning

Warning: require_once(/home/content/**/*****/html/****/global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /****/content/****/****/html/****/xmlsitemap.php on line 38

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/02/****/html/****/global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_4/lib/php') in /home/content/02/****/****/****/xmlsitemap.php on line 38

i have a folder in the directory /core/store_sitemap
    and the path on sitemap file path is /home/content/02/*******/html/core/store_sitemap

thanks
    http://www.horadot.co.za
  • avitor
    • Jun 2007

any help with this issue please?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

It appears that link isn't working and has reverted to vBulletin 4 behavior. However, it isn't something you should be viewing. It is a series of XML files that gets submitted to search engines through the webmaster tools they provide.

What happens when you view the contents of /core/store_sitemap in FTP? Do you see the files there?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• avitor
        • Jun 2007

i have some rar files in that location containing file vbulletin_sitemap_index.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<sitemapindex xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">

-<sitemap>

<loc>http://ahoradot.net/core/xmlsitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_node_0.xml.gz</loc>

<lastmod>2016-02-11T13:21:51+00:00</lastmod>

</sitemap>

-<sitemap>

<loc>http://ahoradot.net/core/xmlsitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_starter_1.xml.gz</loc>

<lastmod>2016-02-11T13:21:52+00:00</lastmod>

</sitemap>

-<sitemap>

<loc>http://ahoradot.net/core/xmlsitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_page_2.xml.gz</loc>

<lastmod>2016-02-11T13:21:52+00:00</lastmod>

</sitemap>

</sitemapindex>
        Last edited by avitor; Thu 11 Feb '16, 4:25am.

Comment

• avitor
          • Jun 2007

thank you Wayne. i catch the point. is working fine

Comment

• Mackey
            • Mar 2014
            • 5.1.x

Warning: The following will hurt your head if you are an expert in vBulletin and php - read at your own risk.

I got the same warning as in the OP. And I'm thinking that I see what I did.
            I'm just posting this here in case someone else gets in this bind. It's surely not going to make me look good, but maybe it will help someone.
            I am a novice at this, or maybe I just know enough to get myself in trouble.

I had determined that I wanted more control over my site map, so I used the vBulletin system to build and read my sitemaps, then put the generated info into my own file and point google and bing to that. It was working great, by the way. vBulletin builds a really good site map Better and much quicker than the online stuff. I even saw some pages that I had forgot about that I was able to go in and delete those pages, and clean up my sitemap.
            Anyway, in messing around I initially thought that I would hide/rename the xmlsitemap.php file just to ensure that google read the file I wanted it to. However, I eventually put the file back were I thought it belonged because later, I found you need that file to un-compress/read your generated sitemaps which are in .gz format (if you're doing the squirrelly thing I was doing to get to view the generated sitemaps).

Here's the mess up...
            The link the OP mentioned, points to xmlsitemap.php as being in the forum directory, the link does not show it as being in the core folder. So, I put xmlsitemap.php "back" in the forum directory where I figured it belonged. That's when all hell broke loose. Ok, not that bad, but that's when I got the above error messages because the xmlsitemap.php was using relative links to global.php.

Once I deleted the xmlsitemap.php in the forum directory, it could then read the one in the core directory (and find the files it was pointing to) then all hell subsided.

I'm pretty sure this is something along the lines of what the OP did. He does have a sitemap.xml in his root director (empty), and maybe was going to use that vs the vBulletin generated one. And I'm wondering if his vBulletin sitemap now is even readable. As vBulletin will still generate the compressed sitemaps and put them in the specified folder even if you do bungle up the placement of your xmlsitemap.php file.

Anyway, it's all good.

And they lived happily ever after
            The End.
            ~ MackeyFlipClockFans.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

If the system doesn't redirect automatically, you can add this to your .htaccess file in the root directory of your vBulletin install:
              Code:
                  # Send sitemap calls directly to the correct file
                  Rewriterule ^xmlsitemap.php$ core/xmlsitemap.php [NC,L]
              Place it after:
              Code:
                  # Send css calls directly to the correct file VBV-7807
                  RewriteRule ^css.php$ core/css.php [NC,L]
              Or when you submit the URL to the search engines add /core/ before xmlsitemap.php
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment