X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sabink
    • Jan 2016
    • 5.1.x

Here is a test for this forum. I have the same problem!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2018.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	4338156 Click image for larger version

Views:	116
ID:	4338157 Click image for larger version

Views:	104
ID:	4338158 Click image for larger version

Views:	95
ID:	4338159

thumbnail is working, small and medium are not working and large is not resizing by default and that's why it works here.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

I can confirm it's not working here, but it does work on my test site- yes I downloaded it from your link (but just in case I downloaded it again, and it still works.) Image dimensions are 1920x1080. However the attachment settings on this site may not allow images that large, I don't have access to check that.

Can you verify in your Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Options, what is the max resolution for JPG files? Also, the max file size? Sometimes increasing the max file size helps.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

So this was very interesting. I was able to get the JPG settings for this site. They are: 145728 bytes and 2000 x 2000 pixels. When I put those into my attachment manager maximums I got the same broken images as on your site and here.

When I restore my values back to the old values, it worked again.

I suggest editing the JPG on your Attachment Manager for a Max Width of 1440 and Max Height of 900, for now. See if it works.

Comment

• sabink
          • Jan 2016
          • 5.1.x

The problem is when the image is under the allowed maximum size.
          Here is an example that will not work on your test site:

The image is 1280x853.

If you set the restriction on your web site to 1024x768 for example, the above image will work fine if I'm not mistaken.

On my forum the maximum allowed jpg setting in Attachment Type Manager is 6000x6000 and 20240000 bites.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

I've created a JIRA for this issue- unfortunately I am not aware of any current work-around. You can follow the issue here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-15630, it would not hurt to "vote" for it.

Comment

• sabink
              • Jan 2016
              • 5.1.x

Thanks Joe.

I'm not sure what exactly this means. When do you think this will be fixed? I do not think it's a minor issue as uploading images is a function used very often. I have seen people complain about buggy image upload and this may be the main reason of their problems. I have spent too much time to narrow the problem and if I have to wait months to get a fix it will not be fine by me as I payed a lot of money for this forum, it's not a free software after all!

Comment

• IggyP
                • Mar 2012

yeah...hopefully soon, but theres multiple issues in using images in content atm...im hoping they will adress them in a group but idk, usually gets quiet if i bring it up....i feel ur pain tho, ive paid thousands for my site, that doesnt even have basic functionality that will make it ok for a live site...4 yrs after release...but i still dont see wanting any other software, just want this to work better...im trying to decide if i need to shut mine down for another 6 months and let them develop this to software to a functional state or what idk

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

I think it will get fixed, but realistically I would guess the earliest chance to see it fixed is 5.2.2. However what I do hope for is if a developer notices a possible quick fix and can post instructions or a quick patch to fix it that you can use long before it becomes part of the official code. I'm keeping my fingers cross for a few days, we'll see what happens.

Comment

• sabink
                    • Jan 2016
                    • 5.1.x

There is some movement in the JIRA for my problem:
                    Fix Version/s Badger [ 10879 ]

What does this mean?

Comment

• sabink
                      • Jan 2016
                      • 5.1.x

Hellooooooo, anybody out thereeeeereeeee???

Is this a support forum or un-support forum???

Obviously support team is limited in numbers and cannot support my unimportant unsignificant customer question, so can somebody with more knowledge than me tell me please what does this mean and when will the problem be fixed (approximately) if there is such information?

Fix Version/s: Badger [ 10879 ]

I think that Badger is a version name and in the list of versions it's like 7-8 in a row, so maybe if I'm lucky we are going to be able to use insert image function without problems in the beginning of 2017 or 2018!

Guess if I'm going to trust vB for my next purchase!

Comment

• Mark.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 6.0.X

Badger is a repository for stuff that isn't going to be fixed right now, but may be at a later time.
                        MARK.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        ------------
                        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• sabink
                          sabink commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you Mark, unfortunately this is not what I hoped to hear!
                      • rgbirkey
                        • Aug 2016
                        • 5.2.x

I have tons of broken images in my vbulletin 5 forum as well... newbonnevilleriders.com... this is not good and very displeased with this software/platform/customer service.

Comment

• yoshichitzu
                          • Jan 2018
                          • 5.3.x

Is there some new information for this problem?
                          I got the same problem, like in the post #16 Tue 9th Feb '16, 12:51pm
                          The max resize 1440x900 dosnt solve the problem.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by yoshichitzu
                            Is there some new information for this problem?
                            I got the same problem, like in the post #16 Tue 9th Feb '16, 12:51pm
                            The max resize 1440x900 dosnt solve the problem.
                            So much has changed in two years that this thread isn't even relevant to the current system these days. If you are using 5.3.4 and having attachment problems, you need to open your own topic and provide all the relevant server information requested in the stickies within this forum.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment