Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jar546
    • Mar 2010

Removing "Active Members" from being displayed

The statistics module has a lot of nice information to share. I don't want most groups to see that as it has become a negative topic. How to I either remove it from being displayed or limit what usergroups see it? None of the answers in previous versions are relevant in vB 5.x

Thank you.
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Since it is a module, you can remove it via the Site Builder. Open Site Builder, remove the module, save, done.

Comment

• jar546
      • Mar 2010

I don't want to remove the whole module, just the Active Members. There are no settings within the module itself that will allow that. This is a problem

Comment

• TLMD
        • Sep 2012
        • 5.6.X

Ah, I thought you wanted to remove the entire module. So we are talking about this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	online1.png
Views:	285
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	4335802

If you just want to remove the display of which users are online, you could do this via CSS. The class is "onlineuserlist.h-clearfix" and you could hide that via "display: none;" in the additional.css of your theme.

Then it would look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	online2.png
Views:	374
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	4335803
        Attached Files

Comment

• Historic Trucks
          • Dec 2015
          • 5.1.x

I think he is talking about just above the whats going on section where you have in your pictures 345,439 members but only 792 active.

Comment

• jar546
            • Mar 2010

Yeah, here is mine. I just want the active members removed. I have a lot of traffic but much of it is guests just reading. A small core of routine posters keep it fresh. Now I just need to know how to get rid of that part that says "Active Members"

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

Since all those stats are not wrapped in each own HTML tags (see below), the only way to remove the Active Members info is to edit the widget_statistics template and remove it by commenting it out (enclose within <vb:comment> and </vb:comment> tags).

Code:
              <div class="h-margin-bottom-s">
                          {vb:data statistics, site, getSiteStatistics}
                          {vb:set statistics, {vb:raw statistics.statistics}}
                          {vb:phrase topics_x, {vb:number {vb:var statistics.topics}}} &nbsp;
                          {vb:phrase posts_x, {vb:number {vb:var statistics.posts}}} &nbsp;
                          {vb:phrase members_x, {vb:number {vb:var statistics.members}}} &nbsp;
                          {vb:phrase active_members_x, {vb:number {vb:var statistics.activeMembers}}}
              </div>
              Change the above to:

Code:
                          [COLOR=#FF0000]<vb:comment>[/COLOR]{vb:phrase active_members_x, {vb:number {vb:var statistics.activeMembers}}}[COLOR=#FF0000]</vb:comment>[/COLOR]
              </div>
              If each of those were wrapped in an HTML tag (e.g. <span>) then we could have used CSS to hide them individually without modifying templates.
              Last edited by glennrocksvb; Tue 5 Jan '16, 6:03pm.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Historic Trucks
                Historic Trucks commented
                Editing a comment
                Glenn where can the widget_statistics template be found.
                Is it one of these.
                widget_statistics_title_label Standard Phrase Title (Leave empty to use &quot;&lt;SITE NAME&gt; Statistics&quot Edit
                widget_statistics_widgettitle Standard Phrase Statistics

• glennrocksvb
                glennrocksvb commented
                Editing a comment
                No, those are phrase variables. Since you are on vBCloud, you have no access to templates.
            • jar546
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
              Since all those stats are not wrapped in each own HTML tags (see below), the only way to remove the Active Members info is to edit the widget_statistics template and remove it by commenting it out (enclose within <vb:comment> and </vb:comment> tags).

Code:
              {vb:phrase active_members_x, {vb:number {vb:var statistics.activeMembers}}}
              </div>
              Change the above to:

Code:
              [COLOR=#FF0000]<vb:comment>[/COLOR]{vb:phrase active_members_x, {vb:number {vb:var statistics.activeMembers}}}[COLOR=#FF0000]</vb:comment>[/COLOR]
              </div>

Thank you. I'll have to pass this along as I don't even know where this code is to change it. I am only familiar with most of the Admin panel but not the location of this code.

Comment

• jar546
                • Mar 2010

Done. Thank you. It worked.

Comment

• Paul.
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 5.1.x

Just a quick question.. is it normal for each temple to appear.. twice?
                  I'll attach a screen shot.

PS thanks for posting, it worked for me, too!
                  Welcome, Paul..
                  You last visited: Sat 21st Jul '07 at 2:37am

Comment