I want a refund and to downgrade back to VB 4 ASAP please respond.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spacehopper
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

I want a refund and to downgrade back to VB 4 ASAP please respond.

Hello, me AGAIN

You may remember me, I'm the one who has been waiting for "urgent" help and my ticket to be dealt with since the start of October. I have lost HUNDREDS of regular members over these issues, I have asked time and time for help on here and via my ticket (which I submitted at the start of OCTOBER. and have not had any satisfactory support at all)

I am giving up on you, this is BEYOND A JOKE.

I want a full refund and I want you to help me down grade back to VB 4 ASAP so I can salvage some of my forum before It goes down the pan for good.

Here are all my members complaining about the VB 5 issues

Here are 2 threads I have made on here which have not been properly responded to:

• Spacehopper
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

105 views, NO REPLY from support.

Why am I not surprised???

Comment

• TLMD
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.6.X

As far as I know refunds are not handled via the forums. You could contact Sales Support ([email protected]), maybe they can help you out.

Comment

• Christian Alfredsson
        • Oct 2011

I also have upgraded to vb5. It was a mess in the first weeks but now it works very well. I have optimized server and made tutorials for my members. The biggest problem at the start was to rebuild the search index. It took about 6 days and only worked with script on server. Another problem for me is translating it to swedish, but that was I aware of from the beginning.

I have about 50% of my users on mobile or iPad so I have to support responsive layout.

More and more happy with it. Loads fast even on big threads now

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

There is no way to downgrade to vBulletin 4, other than restoring from a backup.

Refund requests would need to be emailed to [email protected], however once the product has been downloaded, the general rule is that we cannot provide a refund. This is because vBulletin is "visible source" and thus there s no way for a customer to "return" the product.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Spacehopper
            • Oct 2011
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Christian Alfredsson
            I also have upgraded to vb5. It was a mess in the first weeks but now it works very well. I have optimized server and made tutorials for my members. The biggest problem at the start was to rebuild the search index. It took about 6 days and only worked with script on server. Another problem for me is translating it to swedish, but that was I aware of from the beginning.

I have about 50% of my users on mobile or iPad so I have to support responsive layout.

More and more happy with it. Loads fast even on big threads now

I wish I could say the same, I get endless "working" messages when loading threads or posting replies, even after much tweaking of the server, I can't move threads, I can't merge threads, I get loads of error pop ups, no one can make blogs even though all the settings say they should be able to, the search function is also a mess, the list goes on.

I am still absolutely amazed that even after my most recent posts no one has formally replied to my ticket. Pretending to care and offering to finally fix it all would have been nice, but no, I just get a "you can't have a refund" message. nice. Very professional.

Comment

• josueinaki
              • Sep 2015
              • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
              There is no way to downgrade to vBulletin 4, other than restoring from a backup.

Refund requests would need to be emailed to [email protected], however once the product has been downloaded, the general rule is that we cannot provide a refund. This is because vBulletin is "visible source" and thus there s no way for a customer to "return" the product.
              That mean, if you download (WITH ALL PEOPLE DO WHEN BUY THIS BROKEN SOFTWARE) you no refund...again that mean if you buy here NO MONEY BACK because they have this lame excuse

cry with me my friend or demand it in a tribunal

Comment

• Spacehopper
                • Oct 2011
                • 4.1.x

I would say it's not fit for purpose as it is so in the UK I'm covered by the trade descriptions act,

However it WOULD BE NICE if one so called "support" person could say " you know what, what has happened to you is really bad, we're really sorry and WE'LL GET RIGHT ON TRYING TO FIX IT FOR YOU."

ANYONE????

Comment

• pmquist
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 5.7.X

I can just agree with the people here that says they have upgraded and are satisfied. I am as well. I am in the middle of the upgrade process and of course there is som minor issues but I feel that vB5 is and will be delivering!

Comment

• Spacehopper
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 4.1.x

can anyone explain why when me and my members go to make a post we get the error:

Error

Error information: " 200 parsererror SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input"

It's happening pretty much every single time someone tries to post, this is not acceptable, when you refresh the page the post is there anyway so what's going on???

Comment

• pmquist
                      pmquist commented
                      Editing a comment
                      First of all: I am not an expert on this.
                      But: During my years with vBulletin many of the problems i have had have been due to small things where I did something wrong transferring files or settings i have missed. So a suggestion that you maybe already have tried. Download a fresh copy of the installation files and delete all your vB-files on the server (after taking mandatory backup). Reupload the files making sure it is not in binary mode. Go through both your configs making sure they are correct.
                      This have helped me several times.
                  • Spacehopper
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 4.1.x

anyone????

Comment

• PET
                      • Mar 2002

I remember when I asked for a refund... I got a classic response "We can not offer a refund because you have downloaded the software"
                      GamerPET.com - Honest Game Reviews

REMEMBER : Life is better with animals.

Comment

• nessierules
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 4.2.X

It's not so much that you've downloaded it, it's because the base code of vBulletin is directly visible within files once you get it. It means that once you've downloaded and viewed the files you could potentially write your own forum software based off the code you've viewed. Side note, some of the issues on your forums look like they're server related issues. I don't know what set up you're running so I can't help beyond that.

Also, it's your responsibility to ensure your platform meets the requirements of the software before you purchase it, which is unfortunate in a situation like this but in reality companies don't have to refund software if you're setup hasn't met the requirements.

Comment

• Christian Alfredsson
                          • Oct 2011

I found that my database was not innoDB. Much faster after change.

Comment