Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maltair
    • Feb 2009

Facebook integration spotty not working lately

Lately the Facebook integration is not working on my vb 5.1.10 forum.

I have to wait a while, or keep refreshing the browser. I am running OSX 10.11.1

Same with the Chrome browser, Firefox, etc.

What I mean is for example I might be logged in via Facebook to the forum, and then come back after a while and the Facebook Like button is no longer there on the left, and I am logged off. Then when I go to login, the option to login via Facebook is not there any longer.

After a while, the FB login reappears.

FB login / integration had been working fine for many months, until past few days. May have something to do with 5.1.10 upgrade?

P.S. Interestingly, FB integration and login seem to be working on my iphone, but not on my desktop imac or macbook pro.
    Last edited by Maltair; Tue 15 Dec '15, 7:33am.
  • blrjohn07
    • Feb 2010
    • 3.8.x

I too have issue with facebook connect. Its not working at all for me.

Forum link : www.bangalorebikers.in
    VB version : 5.1.10
    VBCloud Hosting

I see the option "Log in with facebook". When I click on that, it ask for the facebook login details (see the below 2nd image). But the forum doesn't show I am logged in. When I click on the Sign up link, I can see I am logged in under "The Facebook Platform"

So the issue is I am unable to browse my forum with facebook login. How does it actually work ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	facebook 1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	4334703

Name:	facebook 2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	4334704

Name:	facebook 3.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	4334705

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      After the first login and association with a vBulletin account, it should work with only the Facebook Login. However a vBulletin account is still required.

• blrjohn07
      blrjohn07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Guest Luke,

Can you please visit my forum and check ? The forum link is www.bangalorebikers.in
      Another question, how do i know who logged in from facebook in my forum ?
  • Maltair
    • Feb 2009

Has Facebook login and integration ever worked for you? It was working fine for me until recently.

And then just today it started working again on the desktop browsers, after several days of not working.

Comment

• blrjohn07
      • Feb 2010
      • 3.8.x

@MDawg,

it never worked for me Can you please pass your forum link ?

Comment

• Historic Trucks
        • Dec 2015
        • 5.1.x

We were having login issues (not facebook related) and this is what the support people did yesterday now not sure if it was just on my forum or they did it to all on the cloud. Hello,

I have made a settings change that should force all browsers to serve a fresh page and not potentially an old cached copy. Please see if this improves the situation.

Comment

• blrjohn07
          • Feb 2010
          • 3.8.x

@Historic Trucks,

Thank you for your post. Does facebook connect work for you ?

Comment

• Historic Trucks
            • Dec 2015
            • 5.1.x

We have actually got Facebook all turned off not sure if we are going to turn it on. So sorry can't help with that

Comment

• blrjohn07
              blrjohn07 commented
              Editing a comment
              No Problem at all!
          • Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by MDawg
            Has Facebook login and integration ever worked for you? It was working fine for me until recently.

And then just today it started working again on the desktop browsers, after several days of not working.

Your using a standard license of vBulletin? Do you have OpenSSL installed on your server? Do you have PHP 5.4.0 or higher? You have the Facebook App ID and Secret entered into vBulletin's Options?

Not really enough information so far to understand what the actual problem is.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Maltair
              • Feb 2009

Facebook login has been working lately at my forum - it was spotty for a while.

Comment

• Maltair
                • Feb 2009

One issue I have noticed intermittently is the "Publish to Facebook" option - the box to check to post a new post to both the forum and to Facebook simultaneously. Sometimes this works, and sometimes it posts only to the forum. I don't get any error message, just, it doesn't publish to Facebook.

When it does not post to Facebook, I start thinking maybe I forgot to check that box, or it somehow unchecked by itself during the posting process, but I am certain that this is a bug.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

If you believe it's a bug, please report it in the Bug Tracker. To make it easier for the developers, please include as much information as possible including any screenshots that may show the issue (e.g. box checked, news feed showing no post), link to post on your forum and any messages from your server's error logs for the time of the post.
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Maltair
                    • Feb 2009

I haven't been able to get any vbulletin posts to Publish to Facebook lately.

Also, I just transferred to a VPS running PhP 7.0.11 and cannot login using Facebook any longer. It gets as far as asking for FB login info and then just freezes goes no further.

Comment