• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leonardo P. Drummond
    • Oct 2013
    • 5.0.X

Error while upgrading

Hello,

I've being going into trouble in order to upgrade to the latest 5.1.10 version (and had the same issue with 5.1.9). In short, I simply cannot upgrade it, it doesn't matter what I do. All I get is a blank page.

I've followed all the instructions perfectly – deleted the appropriate files in the upload folder, transferred all of them via FileZilla numerous times overwriting everything, then tried again with Cyberduck (I'm on OS X) and it's no good. I just get a blank page once I do this. I can't access the /core/install/upgrade.php neither my forums.

Can anyone help me? I've had three hacks in the past three weeks which have shut down my entire website and I'm pretty sure it's the vulnerability in the 5.1.4 version I'm currently running – but then I just can't upgrade. It's driving me nuts.

Thank you,
    Leonardo
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

What's your PHP version? The minimum PHP version required for vB 5.1.7 and up is PHP 5.4.0

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Leonardo P. Drummond
      • Oct 2013
      • 5.0.X

Thanks Glenn, that was it - I was running 5.3. All is good and updated now!

Comment