X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alessio
    • Mar 2007
    • 5.1.x

Template Style Variable Editor: values seem do not match

I try to customize the template of the updated vB5, so i go on Style Variable Editor
    to modify values, for example for the forumhead_background on Forums i change for a black without any background, but when i load forum home page, the header of Forums still result as before.
    The strange think: as default background on forumhead_background on Forums result to be something that remind me to the old vb4 style, infact as bg image i have images/buttons/newbtn_middle.png while on frontend, as background for the forum header there is images/css/sprite_gradients_vb.png.
    Any idea what is going on? Any change on vB5 that i should know?
    Integrations of any CMS with vBulletin
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Stylevar forumhead_background is for vB4. It does not exist for vB5. Did you upgrade from vB4 to vB5 correctly?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• alessio
      • Mar 2007
      • 5.1.x

Hello, i was thinking +- yes... at this point i have some doubt...
      i've adjust some value manually while updating to fit configurations on server, and i have force the installation steps when was required due to some install errors stops (like when the parser find out some xml code)
      i've think now to try to solve in this way:
      - install from scratch a vB5, and i will download default theme then i will upload this as default to see what come out (but if something is wrong for vars on database about template this step will be not useful)
      or transfer templates from database to filesystem, and i will try to see what going on...
      or any other idea will be welcome! (maybe i will try to perform another upgrade, but this is the last way)

my situation is not so clear (i would like to say as ever) i hope to find out the solution in short

Comment

• alessio
        • Mar 2007
        • 5.1.x

i have repeat the upgrade install to vB5 from latest 4, this time the upgrade have fail one time only, as in attach you can see. All apparently is going well.
        But after, is unchanged the situation about templates stylevars on admincp.
        I have so try to install vb5 as a new install, to see the difference you noted above: effectively style vars included on templates aren't the same, and there is no Forums -> forumhead_background .
        to be modified on vB5 default style.
        Now some ghosts are coming out on my mind
        if i replace templates tables to solve?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by alessio; Sat 5 Dec '15, 6:53am.

Comment

• alessio
          • Mar 2007
          • 5.1.x

So, after all i can at this point give access to someone of you that can help to solve the problem, or please let me know where i need to look to require assistance on this.
          I have try to reupgrade with no errors but template vars aren't as need to be, after the upgrade process. Can you illustrate how i can eventually reset this situation? I've also reactivate on a test forum the old install, switching to default vb theme this, and so i have delete any other existing template, so i've do a db backup: i have so perform an upgrade test, on this cleaned (about templates) database, but the situation is the same as before.

Comment

• alessio
            • Mar 2007
            • 5.1.x

And so, maybe i have solve the big problem, also if there are on templates some parts that belong to vb4, maybe it do not cause any problem to me (i will post a report with photo)
            i would like to know now if possible, what is the style var i should search for, to change the background of forums header? (not page header)
            I mean the head of the forum list, where are items: Directory, Topics, Posts, Last Post
            And sorry for the stupid question, of course

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

Thats' the toolbar_background stylevar. You may also want to change toolbar_border and toolbar_text_color stylevars. Note that this will affect all other toolbars such as in the thread detail page, Latest Activity tab, etc.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• alessio
                • Mar 2007
                • 5.1.x

Well, now all work ok.... seem that now what remain of the problem is that my vB5 default style, contain also some menu style vars that belong to the old vB4, and menu items aren't in the same order (vb5 bbcode stylevars are on bottom for example). So original. There are two bbcode menu, one on top and one on bottom... the second one on bottom is the good one that belong to vb5
                I think i can delete without any problem those entries from database, if i will find out the time to retrieve correct values, but, i really don't like to do this now. This is all for today ... i was thinking the same last night time, and after i've forget my password...
                Attached Files

Comment