X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NitwitCollections
    • Oct 2015
    • 5.1.x

Customer log in issue

I am experiencing a log in issue with registered users (including my own account). They click on the Forum tab from our website and it takes them to the proper URL and the forum site appears perfectly. In logging in myself, I click on the login, fill in the correct information and get the "logging in" window. It then disappears, but has not logged me in (the top of the site still says Login or Sign Up). The URL in the browser goes from www.mysite.com/forum to www/mysite.com/forum/?_=1446342217117 If I click on any of the categories to engage, it then changes to me being logged in where I can then post, etc.

Does anyone have any idea why it would do this, and what I can do to change this so as to not confuse any registered users or create unnecessary email to explain this glitch??

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jeff
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

If there is a / instead of a . in the URL, then you entered a wrong URL somewhere. Check AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name/URL/etc and see if the URLs are correct there. (A real link to your site would help.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• NitwitCollections
      • Oct 2015
      • 5.1.x

Hi Lynne....sorry for the delay in my response, and thank you for your help. I have checked the URL in the Admin> Options > Site name/URL and I do not have a trailing slash.....but I do see that this is happening when coming from our website. This link had the trailing slash in the URL. I have taken this out and it all now works perfectly!

Thank you for your help with this, I appreciate it!

Jeff

Comment