X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aelalfey
    • Aug 2012
    • 4.2.X

Blank page when i try to download attachments

I use Vbulletin 5.1.9 in large number of topics created by different users some of the attachments gives black page when clicked by registered users to download. but me as an admin i can download these files with no problems. When i edit these topics and re upload the files with my admin account attachments works fine but it is not solution to edit these large number of topics to re upload the files.

Please help
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

If you use a registered user instead of your admin account, does this affect you as well? Were the users created before the upgrade? Anything special about their setups?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• aelalfey
      • Aug 2012
      • 4.2.X

Thank you for your reply. Any registered user who tries to download the file gets blank page except the administrator account this is the only account that can download the files. All accounts were created before the update. and they are divided into groups with their own privileges but i don't think that is the problem because they can download files by other users and sometimes they get this blank page for files uploaded by those other users.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

They only sometimes get a blank page downloading attachments from users or they always get a blank page? The first one would lead me to think of a server error, the second a permission error. Also, is your site only accessible at www.yoursite.com or also at just yoursite.com? That can be an issue if your cookie domain isn't set correctly.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• aelalfey
          • Aug 2012
          • 4.2.X

Thank you for your reply. some attachments "not sometimes" uploaded by different users "not a certain user" are not downloadable "it gives blank page" but when i try to download the same attached files using admin account it works just fine and if i re-uploaded the files it works just fine for everyone. Website is accessible with or without "wwww".

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

What do you have set for your Cookie Domain (vboptions > Cookie Settings)? What is in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) when the users get a blank page?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• aelalfey
              • Aug 2012
              • 4.2.X

Cookie Domain is set to default and same for Cookie path "Please note i have more than one vbulletin installed on the same server". Error log doesn't mention anything when this error occurs.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Since you allow users to login to your site via both http://www.yoursite.com and just http://yoursite.com, then you MUST have your cookie domain (AdminCP > Settings > Options > Cookies and HTTP Header Options > Cookie Domain) set to ".yoursite.com" (no quotes, but note the period at the beginning) or your users will have problems. Also, make sure to tell your users to click the Remember Me button when they login. You will probably need to clear your browser cookies after making this change.

Comment

• aelalfey
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 4.2.X

Thank you for your reply. I did apply the recommended changes the problem still persist for the files uploaded earlier but will let you know if the problem persists on the newly created topics after applying the changes.

Comment