• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rafail
    • Sep 2015
    • 5.1.x

Downgrade from vbulletin 5.1.9 to 5.1.4

Hello, I have some issues with a plugin on my vbulletin 5.1.9
    The plugin works fine on vBulletin 5.1.4 and i want to downgrade to 5.1.4 (if possible) and if plugin updated i will again update to latest vbulletin

My question is: Since i know that downgrading is not supported by vbulletin, can i use the same database from vbuletin 5.1.9 to vbulletin 5.1.4? Will it work?

Thank you
  • IggyP
    • Mar 2012

well...its more than your data base....all the files would be from the 5.1.9 version...

i think you may have to re upload/install 5.1.4 then restore the 5.1.4 database to it?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

What IggyP said. And you will lose all settings and posts you have after the upgrade to 5.1.9. What plugin are you using?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• rafail
        • Sep 2015
        • 5.1.x

Plugin is VBET translator that does not work well on 5.1.9
        I dont think i have any files except of Theme (skin) and attachemtns. If i backup database plus attachements and avatars folders and restore them to 5.1.4 will it work?
        is the database compatiible?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

No, you will have to restore your 5.1.4 database backup not the 5.1.9 and lose all your 5.1.9 data you have accumulated after the upgrade.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The vBulletin 5.1.9 database is not backwards compatible with 5.1.4. Several Key structures like notifications have been refactored and use a new database format. You would not be able to downgrade without database errors. You would have to restore a vBulletin 5.1.4 backup with your files. All information added since the backup was created will be lost. Naturally, we don't recommend this operation.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment