Should there be a Report Channel on my vb?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sadie Frost
    • Dec 2001
    • 5.0.X

Should there be a Report Channel on my vb?

When I try and open a report from "New Posts", I get an error that I'm not authorized to view the page. When I go into Channel Manager, I see Special and under it Infractions, but no Reports - am I supposed to have that? Or is there another way to set those permissions? In Channel Permissions admins are set to all yes for the Reports Channel. I'm just figuring that maybe the reason I can't view them is because there's no channel to view them in.

We do have the Infractions and Post Reporting settings set to a particular forum, but the flags don't appear to be in there either.

Thanks!

(VB 5.1.9)
    Last edited by Sadie Frost; Wed 16 Sep '15, 8:15am.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

No... that is a hold over from vBulletin 4. Flagged reports will appear in your Message Center automatically.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Sadie Frost
      • Dec 2001
      • 5.0.X

So when I see a flag report in New Topics, should it not really link to anything and that's why I'm getting the no permission?

Is there any mechanism for having staff discuss reports? Couldn't see anything in the message center.

Thanks Wayne!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

There is no means for discussion at this time. Support has raised this issue in a JIRA here - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1595. Unfortunately no action has been taken on it.

There is a bug with flag reports in the search results. In my opinion they shouldn't even show there.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• LaBella
          • Nov 2005
          • 4.2.x

Bump because all of the Infractions should be in the Moderator sections... And I voted for this feature, unless I am missing it completely.
          JerzeeDevil

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

There is no update at this time. Any update will be in the tracker request Wayne linked to.

As things stand, reported posts only appear in the message centre, and this is by design.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment