• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul.
    • Feb 2007
    • 5.1.x

Visitor Message Tab

Hi,

Is there a way to get visitor messages appearing clearly one your profile rather than mixed in with many other posts and threads that are posted?
    Our users, and myself, find it a bit confusing that it's all in one place.
    Can I somehow add a Tab like before, that shows Visitor Messages?
    This used to be the landing page for our profiles.

Welcome, Paul..
    You last visited: Sat 21st Jul '07 at 2:37am
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

There is "Visitor Messages only" filter in the Filter dropdown at the upper right of the Activities tab. You can also filter by time and content type.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Unfortunately, there is no way to set this so others only see your visitor messages. They would have to apply the filter themselves. Filters are only good for the current page load and only affect what you see.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

There is a JIRA for this here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4412

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

I found a way to add a Visitor Messages tab via template hook. You can temporarily use this while waiting for the actual fix from vBulletin.

Add this template hook in the profile_tabs_1 hook location. Hook argument should be userInfo=userInfo. For instructions on how to create a template hook, go to one of my mods in my signature below and follow the similar instructions and change the values accordingly.

Code:
          <li id="custom-vm-tab">

<style>
                 .custom-vm-tab-active.profileTabs .widget-tabs-nav li.ui-tabs-selected a { background: transparent; }
                 .custom-vm-tab-active #activities-tab { visibility: hidden; }       
              </style>

<a href="#vm-tab" data-href="{vb:raw baseurl}/member/{vb:raw userInfo['userid']}?filter_source=source_vm&filter_time=time_all&vm=1" onclick="location.href=this.getAttribute('data-href');return false;">Visitor Messages</a>

<script>
                (function () {
                    if (location.href.indexOf('?filter_source=source_vm&filter_time=time_all&vm=1') != -1) {

document.querySelector('.profileTabs').className += ' custom-vm-tab-active';
                        window.addEventListener('load', function () {

var tabs = document.querySelectorAll('.profile-tabs-nav li'),
                                activitiesTab = document.getElementById('activities-tab');

for (var i = 0; i < tabs.length - 1; i++) {
                                if (tabs[i].querySelector('a[data-url-path="activities"]')) {
                                    tabs[i].className = 'ui-state-default ui-corner-top';
                                    break;
                                }
                            }
                            document.getElementById('custom-vm-tab').className = 'ui-state-default ui-corner-top ui-tabs-selected ui-state-active';
                            activitiesTab.querySelector('.conversation-toolbar-wrapper').style.display = 'none';
                            activitiesTab.style.visibility = 'visible';

});

document.querySelector('a[href="#activities-tab"]').onclick = function () {

var activitiesTab = document.getElementById('activities-tab'),
                                postItems = activitiesTab.querySelectorAll('.conversation-list li'),
                                profileTabs = document.querySelector('.profileTabs');

for (var i = 0; i < postItems.length; i++) {
                                postItems[i].style.visibility = 'hidden';
                            }
                            activitiesTab.querySelector('.clear-all').click();
                            activitiesTab.querySelector('.conversation-toolbar-wrapper').style.display = '';
                            profileTabs.className = profileTabs.className.replace(/\bcustom-vm-tab-active\b/, '');

};

}
              })();
              </script>

</li>

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• wmfinck
            • Dec 2016

I hope this Visitor Messages tab IS going to be added to the standard release. Once I start having to add things such as this to my code, the Forum becomes a maintenance headache while I would rather spend my time on content production. That is why I came to vBulletin from phpBB.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

You can filter to only visitor messages when you visit the profile by clicking on the filter link. There are no immediate plans to add another tab. However, there is a request to add one here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4412. It hasn't received a significant number of votes.

Template hooks are custom templates and don't get overwritten on upgrades.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment