• Jun 2015
    • 5.1.x

VB 5.1.8 Facebook cookie ( fbsr_ ) kills client after update from 5.1.1

Hello

VB 5.1.8
    AWS Apache / Linux server
    No mods are installed
    Mod_rewite is on and active
    Facebook developer app configured (as per link)
    Facebook connect is active
    Cookies are set correctly

Timing:
    This issue occured after updating 5.1.1 to 5.1.8 (which required changes to PHP version).
    This feature worked prior to the update

Live server:

Special notes:
    Users must register then be approved by mods before posts can be seen.

Console Errors:
    404 - https://mysite.com/insert_here?v=518
    404 - https://mysite.com/auth/loginExternal

Visible errors:
    White screen occurs when client in possession of a cooke fbsr_

Maintenance tool - suspect files: (Entire list attached for reference)
    class_akismet.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    class_floodcheck.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    class_mail.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    class_reportitem.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    class_userprofile.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    functions_facebook.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    functions_forumdisplay.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    functions_legacy.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    functions_ranks.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    functions_search.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    functions_threadedmode.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    functions_threadmanage.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    LoggerConfigurationAdapterXML.php File does not contain expected contents
    facebook.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    attachdata.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    attachment.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    attachmentfiledata.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    category.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    deletionlog.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    event.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    filedata.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    groupmessage.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    infraction.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    multiple.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    calendar.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    event.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    forum.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    phrase.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    post.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    socialgroup.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    thread.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin

Any help is welcome. I have a dev machine which is mostly the same as this one for testing.

Thanks,
    -Alex
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AlexTheRota; Thu 20 Aug '15, 4:32pm.
  • AlexTheRota
    • Jun 2015
    • 5.1.x

The more I read and research this the more it seems the suspect files are the cause of a few issues. I recently was alerted to a bug in that no one can edit posts at this time. I have checked these files and they seem to have vb 5.1.1 tags in the file description (box with license number and stuff)

What I would like is a list of which files should be in which directory. I have the upload directory from the vb_518 download, I feel like that should be a good road map for these things, however when I mv these suspect files to bu-files things on the site break, like logging in or other basic tasks.

It is within the realm of possibility that in my cp or mv of these files I left off a / and dumped things into the wrong directory... The reason I didn't just overwrite every thing is that we have custom js css and images on this server which I did not want to lose. Any advice on how to clean this up is very welcome.

Thanks,
    -Alex

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You should delete the old vB4 files that are no longer part of vBulletin. That is all the files listed above.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• AlexTheRota
        AlexTheRota commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi

I am pretty sure that when I do that it causes new issues on the client. Will do some controlled tests tomorrow

• AlexTheRota
        AlexTheRota commented
        Editing a comment
        Also I should comment that I do not believe there are any VB 4 files on my system. It was installed at version 5.1.1. The files above seem to have 5.1.1 listed at the top of each file, I will confirm each as I mv them to a bu- form. OR is that the wrong solution?

• AlexTheRota
        AlexTheRota commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm slowly mv ing the files to a reserve folder in /home/ec2 in case it breaks something.
        So far so good except for when I moved this file from the uploads folder to the target location I get an error.
        This is the file from the uploads folder for 5.1.8. Is this known? Is there a fix?

LoggerConfigurationAdapterXML.php File does not contain expected contents
    • AlexTheRota
      • Jun 2015
      • 5.1.x

Ok.

All suspect files have been moved to /home/ec2 bu files. The only outstanding issue is with the LoggerConfigurationAdapterXML.php (please advise what content should be expected / where to get that)

The fbsr_ cookie still kills web pages. If you have the fbsr_ cookie any forum page you try to load is white.

Please advise.

Comment

• AlexTheRota
        • Jun 2015
        • 5.1.x

The fbsr_ cookie is set to .forum.nexonm.com when it breaks the page.
        Not every time does the fbsr_ cookie have this, some times it has the correct forum.nexonm.com domain set.
        We do have a load balancer running, so I wonder if there is something cached and it's being served from cache?

I am fairly certain that the facebook app has the correct domain, but when I try to commit https://forum.nexonm.com it removes the https:// and creates an element with the text forum.nexonm.com (like when it wraps it in a grey box?).

The preceding dot usually means there is or can be a subdomain. In this case, the target URL is a subdomain.

Comment

• AlexTheRota
          • Jun 2015
          • 5.1.x

This is a screen capture of my facebook app settings. I did follow the instructions Joe D provided for this process.

Comment

• AlexTheRota
            • Jun 2015
            • 5.1.x

Ah ha!
            I have no idea what this means, but this is an error at the suspect location.
            Maybe the fb app walk through is incomplete?

Comment

• AlexTheRota
              • Jun 2015
              • 5.1.x

I am still getting this error as well. Maybe it is related? Should I create a new ticket for this?

https://forum.nexonm.com/insert_here?v=518 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

This is actually pretty relevant. I searched for insert_here in the style manager and found it exists in one file. preheader

It is associated with cookie management! This is very suspicious!

Comment

• AlexTheRota
                • Jun 2015
                • 5.1.x

Ok.

GA_ cookies also have the .forum.nexonm.com domain, but those do not break the site. It must be something in the cookie from facebook. I've narrowed it down, can anyone see what's causing why fbsr_ is causing the white pages?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by AlexTheRota
                  Ok.

All suspect files have been moved to /home/ec2 bu files. The only outstanding issue is with the LoggerConfigurationAdapterXML.php (please advise what content should be expected / where to get that)

The fbsr_ cookie still kills web pages. If you have the fbsr_ cookie any forum page you try to load is white.

Please advise.

Turn on Display Errors and find out what the PHP error is. We did not have this problem with Facebook Connect testing. Please note you must be using PHP 5.4.0 or higher to use Facebook Connect.

The logger configuration file is a false positive. You can ignore it.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• AlexTheRota
                    • Jun 2015
                    • 5.1.x

Is display errors visible to all users? If so, is this data something I could get from /var/logs ? I would prefer to not expose error messages to the forum users where possible.

My phpinfo says that I am using PHP Version 5.5.28. This is in compliance.

Thank you for the update about the logger file. Will disregard moving forward.

Here is some additional information:

Looking at the httpd/error_log I see a couple things:

- This is probably why my mods are complaining that they can't style text in posts...
                    PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2621, referer: https://www.google.com.bn/

- This looks to be related:
                    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB5_Template_BbCode::handle_bbcode_user() in /var/www/html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 1564, referer: https://forum.nexonm.com/forum/monst...-discussion-ae

- Not sure what applicationlight.php is for:
                    PHP Notice: Undefined index: phrases in /var/www/html/includes/vb5/frontend/applicationlight.php on line 235, referer: https://forum.nexonm.com/forum/nexon...de-dominations

In the web developer console I see this error:
                    https://forum.nexonm.com/insert_here?v=518 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

If you've replaced all your 5.1.1 files with 5.1.8 files, you shouldn't see those errors. Except the insert_here error. I have no idea what that is.

When you upgraded did you have vBulletin 4 files previously? Did you delete all those files per the instructions? I suggest copying vBulletin 5.1.8 into a separate clean directory and pointing the config.php file at your current database. Do you have the same issues?

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• AlexTheRota
                        • Jun 2015
                        • 5.1.x

Hello,

The insert here is very strange. Maybe some file is calling for it? I'm not sure which though.
                        Note: on the /forum_test/ test copy, this error does not occur.

When the forums upgraded we went from 5.1.1 to 5.1.8.

I am testing the 'clean install' at https://forum.nexonm.com/forum_test/ but when I try to:
                        - Navigate to channels I have to manually add the /forum_test/ element to the URI.
                        - Posting posts to the default forums and redirect to default forum
                        - (Not sure how to test this /separate directory)

Even when I do this the issues I am facing persis (cannot edit posts, cannot add style to text in editor, posting elements are html/css hidden via visibility [Is this familiar sounding?])

HOWEVER - The FBSR_ death cookie does not effect the /forum_test/ directory as far as I can tell... given that I have to manually load each page due to issue above.

Comment

• AlexTheRota
                          • Jun 2015
                          • 5.1.x

Update:

All issues resolved.

I created extensive backups of all files (which was smart) and copied over configured config.php files to the upload file in preparation.

The sequence of tasks was:
                          I turned off httpd,
                          I *Deleted* everything on /html (forum root),
                          I copied everything from upload,
                          I started httpd. The forums came back up without issues.
                          (Pro tip: This can be done on command like using && between commands)

Waiting on some mods to check in with verification that all issues are resolved, but it's looking fixed. (Even the fatal fbsr_ cookie bug!) NOT FIXED. ISSUES ARE STILL OCCURRING.
                          Last edited by AlexTheRota; Tue 25 Aug '15, 12:09pm.

Comment

• AlexTheRota
                            • Jun 2015
                            • 5.1.x

Update: FBSR_ cookie still gets weird domain (.forum.nexonm.com) when interacting with the facebook buttons on the forum.

Collecting more information...

Details:
                            Created a new fb user, attempted to register, clicked connect fb > Pop Up appears, Accept app requirements > white screen
                            - Pop up that appeared white screened on this url https://forum.nexonm.com/register?ur...hvbm0uY29tLw==
                            - URL path in the uri above is a 64 encoded string that is my url (https://forum.nexonm.com/) Seems fine?
                            - Page with the bad URI had fbsr_ cookie bearing the domain .forum.nexonm.com

Subsequent pages are blanked (white screen) by the presence of the cookie.

/var/log/httpd/error_log:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function Facebook\\HttpClients\\mb_substr() in /var/www/html/core/libraries/facebook/src/Facebook/HttpClients/FacebookCurlHttpClient.php on line 248

Is this error something we can correct? The file in question is directly from the uploads package. I deleted pre-existing files.
                            CURL is enabled on the server and is
                            cURL Information 7.36.0
                            Last edited by AlexTheRota; Tue 25 Aug '15, 9:17am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...