X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scoyote
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

New Menu Item

I created a new menu item called "Home" for the home page.
    The shaded menu item still says "Forum" when on the home page.
    How do I make the shaded area follow the path so that when on the "Home" page, it is shaded?
  • LockedOnLaw
    • Apr 2010
    • 6.X

Your home page URL is http://www.crappiecentral.com/forum/home

Unless I'm mistaken you intended for the home page URL to be http://www.crappiecentral.com/home

The way to change that is to edit the page in SiteBuilder. The page url should only contain the word "home" in the white box.

Then you will want to edit the tab in the SiteBuilder Navigation Bar to point to the Target URL "/home"

Be sure to set or verify the Usergroups who can view the tab at the bottom where it says User Groups "Edit"

Comment

• scoyote
      • Dec 2007
      • 3.6.x

Here is a screenshot of the page in site builder, I cannot change the URL like that.
      The software was loaded in a folder named "forum" and that is part of every page URL that I see.
      How can that be changed?
      The URL isn't really the problem, the problem is the shading, when I'm on the "home" page, that should be shaded in the menu.

Comment

• LockedOnLaw
        • Apr 2010
        • 6.X

Then you should only have to change the Target URL in the Navigation Bar to "forum/home" and set the Home tab as Default if you wish.

Comment

• scoyote
          • Dec 2007
          • 3.6.x

Well....I goofed it up and now I can't edit it at all. I had the link as ../forum/home and I removed the ../ to make it forum/home and clicked OK.
          It should have been just "home".....I think.....but now I cannot edit it and I can't find a work around in the admin cp either.

Comment

• scoyote
            • Dec 2007
            • 3.6.x

Actually....I figured out how to get in and now it's working properly and the home tab is shaded.
            Thanks for the help man.....I appreciate it.

Comment