X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

I need help immediately!!! Please hurry

Okay I deleted the dbtech shoutbox and it deleted all my modules.

After uninstalling and having modules deleted I found all the files related to it and deleted them.

So I upgraded to 5.1.8 thinking that would fix the problem. It showed the last upgrade step then aborted and wouldn't complete. Then it showed I had upgraded and was on 5.1.8

It fixed the modules appearing in the sitebuilder but still did not show them on the page. So I'm now manually trying to put everything back.

But now the templates won't show up when I click them so I have to manually do that too.

I NEED HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

This is a disaster.

Help me fix this please.

I think part of the software's not working because it didn't complete the last upgrade step. And the rest is fixed I think.

How do I fix this. Please tell me.

"Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Replicant
    • Sep 2014

Do you have a recent backup. This same thing happened to somebody else last week. They didn't have a recent backup. It's a good practice to backup before installing or uninstalling new products for this exact reason.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Replicant
      Do you have a recent backup. This same thing happened to somebody else last week. They didn't have a recent backup. It's a good practice to backup before installing or uninstalling new products for this exact reason.
      Yes I do. I backup all the time.

But I already upgraded the software.
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Replicant
        • Sep 2014

When you say you backup all the time, how recently? You can restore the 5.1.7 files and restore the database like nothing ever happened.

Comment

• In Omnibus
          • Apr 2010

Did you:

Revert any custom template merges?

Clear the system cache?

Comment

• Brad Padgett
            Brad Padgett commented
            Editing a comment
            If you mean rebuild styles yes. Also deleted overwrites in css and cleared cache.
        • Brad Padgett
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Replicant
          When you say you backup all the time, how recently? You can restore the 5.1.7 files and restore the database like nothing ever happened.

Do you think so? I would just have to upgrade all over again right?

It wouldn't restore the database to 5.1.8 would it?

My backup is from last night.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

A backup is your best option at this time. Restore it to before you uninstalled the addon. This is actually a known issue that will be fixed soon.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• DragonByte Tech
              • May 2011
              • 4.1.x

If you want this issue to be fixed sooner, please vote for it in the Jira ticket linked by Wayne.

We recommend you do not install any modifications of any description on vB5 until this issue is resolved.
              www.Dragonbyte-tech.com

Comment

• Brad Padgett
                Brad Padgett commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you.

• Replicant
                Replicant commented
                Editing a comment
                I have 5.1.7 on my test system and have not observed this behavior with the products that I have built for myself. Is this just DBTech products causing this or are there other examples? I ask because I was getting ready to upgrade my live site this weekend and my products are important for the functionality of my site.
            • Brad Padgett
              • Jul 2014
              • 5.1.x

Okay im using the backup. Unfortunately I will probably still have the mod in the site and will have to disable it.

Leaving me no way to uninstall it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                Wayne Luke commented
                Editing a comment
                Disabling it should be fine until the JIRA is resolved.

• Brad Padgett
                Brad Padgett commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay thanks. Hopefully then I can get rid of it. Appreciate the help
            • William Thomas Jr
              • Nov 2014
              • 5.1.x

Originally posted by TheXboxCloud
              Okay I deleted the dbtech shoutbox and it deleted all my modules.

After uninstalling and having modules deleted I found all the files related to it and deleted them.

So I upgraded to 5.1.8 thinking that would fix the problem. It showed the last upgrade step then aborted and wouldn't complete. Then it showed I had upgraded and was on 5.1.8

It fixed the modules appearing in the sitebuilder but still did not show them on the page. So I'm now manually trying to put everything back.

But now the templates won't show up when I click them so I have to manually do that too.

I NEED HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

This is a disaster.

Help me fix this please.

I think part of the software's not working because it didn't complete the last upgrade step. And the rest is fixed I think.

How do I fix this. Please tell me.
              This has happened to me also. It's not only dbtech mods, but others on occasion have the same result when uninstalling. Each time this has happened I had to restore the database. I have made it a habit to backup the database before working on the site, and in some occasions have had to restore it when uninstalling mods, because of the same issues as you're dealing with at the moment.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...