X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heredia21
    • Oct 2012
    • 5.0.X

+New Topic button not appearing on responsive design

+New Topic button not appearing on responsive design for forum channels that allow guests to post, example: http://blackberryempire.com/forum/ask-question new topic button only shows on desktop devices. Running vb 5.1.8
    BlackBerry Empire #1 BlackBerry news site and BlackBerry forum.
  • Replicant
    • Sep 2014

The button is hidden in responsive mode because there is not enough room for it. By removing the page number indicator, there will be enough space and the pagenav arrows will still be available. This code makes the button visible but I did not test it thoroughly.

Add this css to the css_additional.css
    Code:
    .conversation-toolbar .toolset-left button.new-conversation-btn {
      display: inline-block!important;

}
    .pagenav.h-left {
        display: none;
    }

Comment

• heredia21
      • Oct 2012
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Replicant
      The button is hidden in responsive mode because there is not enough room for it. By removing the page number indicator, there will be enough space and the pagenav arrows will still be available. This code makes the button visible but I did not test it thoroughly.

Add this css to the css_additional.css
      Code:
      .conversation-toolbar .toolset-left button.new-conversation-btn {
      display: inline-block!important;

}
      .pagenav.h-left {
      display: none;
      }
      That is weird as it is only hidden on this specific channel where I allow guests to post, when they are logged in using a mobile device they are able to see the new topic button, I really don't want to hide the page number indicator. Nice vB5 forum by the way.

Comment

• Replicant
        • Sep 2014

This is the quick and dirty way. When you're logged in, there is more to the page. There are additional classes and html elements involved to make it all fit. To do it the way it is when the user is logged in will require inserting those classes and elements with a jquery script or possibly shortening the text in the button and making the button narrower. I'll take a look at it when I have more time.

Comment

• heredia21
          • Oct 2012
          • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Replicant
          This is the quick and dirty way. When you're logged in, there is more to the page. There are additional classes and html elements involved to make it all fit. To do it the way it is when the user is logged in will require inserting those classes and elements with a jquery script or possibly shortening the text in the button and making the button narrower. I'll take a look at it when I have more time.
          Sounds good, thank you for checking and for your help.

Comment

• heredia21
            • Oct 2012
            • 5.0.X

Bug report created: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14876

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

My suggested temporary solution is to move the New Topic button below the forum title

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment