X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keiahnig
    • Feb 2015
    • 5.1.x

Send Email to Users not working

Good morning, I was wondering if someone can help me. This option was working before the last update patch but now the 'Send Email to Users' is not working at all. I have tried sending an email to all users a number of times and the system confirms that the emails were sent but nothing arrives at the user. It is not in the junk mail either. I have run the test email from diagnostics which works correctly. I am running the latest VB5 with no modifications. Help!
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

If emails are not working, you should run the email diagnostic function. AdminCP > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Email Test

If you get no error message, and receive the email, ALL EMAILS are being sent, and there are no problems with the vBulletin side, or server side of things.

If you get an error, you need to tell us what that error is.

If you get no error, but do not get the email, vBulletin is sending the emails out just fine, but the email is not reaching you. This can be from:
    - Sending server not configured correctly to send
    - Receiving Server Rejecting emails
    - Receiving account rejecting emails

The only thing we have any control of is vBulletin itself, and as long as the diagnostic runs and sends the email out, vBulletin is working.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• keiahnig
      • Feb 2015
      • 5.1.x

Hey Mark, thanks for getting back to me so quickly! So the diagnostic works fine and 'all emails are being sent' is fine and its definitely not the receiver server or account rejection. It must be the 'sending server not configured correctly'. Thank you for the help with deducing the problem. The only thing is I haven't changed any settings since last time I sent out a group mail and then after the update it doesn't work anymore. Do you have a tip on the sending server configuration that I can check? Thanks again in advance.
      Last edited by keiahnig; Thu 16 Jul '15, 3:09am.

Comment

• keiahnig
        • Feb 2015
        • 5.1.x

Sorry Mark another question. If the test email sends an email ok, why would it be that the sending server is not configured correctly? Are these separate? I though it would use the same server to send the test from diagnostics?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

Did you check the spam folder of the recipient?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• keiahnig
            • Feb 2015
            • 5.1.x

Hi Glenn, yes thanks for asking. It is a big mailing list and noone is receiving it including me. I also tried sending an email to just the administrator (me) and nothing ends up in my mail box. Which is strange as it says the emails are sent and also the diagnostic email goes through (I receive this in my inbox). I have changed to SMTP instead of PHP and get the same results. The server is configured correctly. Also, normal subscription emails are getting to the users (ie when a post is made on a topic they are subscribed to it will get through to them using the same email address as would be used by the 'send mail to users' system. This leads me to believe it is a problem in the software. Do you have any other ideas? I think I will have to open a ticket. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Comment

• Jorge Silva
              • Jun 2016
              • 5.2.x

Hi, I upgrade for Vb 5.2.2, and not send the automatic mails, for example when a subscritor not remember the password, require a new pass, and the sistem not send. After make the diagnostic i have this error:
              The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.
              The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to tcp://localhost:25 (Connection timed out) in .../vb/mail/smtp.php on line 181 Warning: Unable to connect to SMTP server in .../vb/mail/smtp.php on line 147

Thanks

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Jorge Silva
                Hi, I upgrade for Vb 5.2.2, and not send the automatic mails, for example when a subscritor not remember the password, require a new pass, and the sistem not send. After make the diagnostic i have this error:
                The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.
                The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to tcp://localhost:25 (Connection timed out) in .../vb/mail/smtp.php on line 181 Warning: Unable to connect to SMTP server in .../vb/mail/smtp.php on line 147

Thanks

vBulletin cannot connect to your SMTP server. Verify that the credentials, encryption type, server name and port are correct with your email provider. You will also need to make sure that port 25 is open on your localhost firewall and router.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Jorge Silva
                  • Jun 2016
                  • 5.2.x

Ok thank you. I'll check your recommendations

Comment