How to show latest posts in the latest topics module?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arshadeomran
    • Dec 2013
    • 4.2.X

How to show latest posts in the latest topics module?

Hi,
    Is there a way to show latest posts in the latest topics module? This shows only topic starter and not user who sent latest post!
    Thanks for your help.
    مرجع آزمونهای مهندسی عمران
    www.arshadeomran.ir
  • arshadeomran
    • Dec 2013
    • 4.2.X

Update!
    www.arshadeomran.ir

Comment

• arshadeomran
      • Dec 2013
      • 4.2.X

In this module, only username and post of starter is showed. How can I change it so that show latest post and it's user?
      www.arshadeomran.ir

Comment

• Replicant
        • Sep 2014

Is this what your asking about? This is for the todays topics. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...31#post4322631
        Last edited by Replicant; Thu 4 Jun '15, 7:15pm.

Comment

• arshadeomran
          • Dec 2013
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Replicant
          Is this what your asking about? This is for the todays topics. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...31#post4322631
          See this, please:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	latest.png
Views:	457
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	4322646
          www.arshadeomran.ir

Comment

• Replicant
            • Sep 2014

You'll need to edit the search string in the advanced settings for that module in site-builder. This search string shows the latest posts and comments with a "Reply to", "Comment on" or starter info on a new topic for the last 7 days.
            Code:
            {"date":{"from":"7"},"type":["vBForum_Gallery","vBForum_Link","vBForum_Photo","vBForum_Poll","vBForum_Text","vBForum_Video"],"sort":{"relevance":"desc"},"view":"","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
            Before you change the search string, save the old one so you can put it back the way it was if you don't like the results.

Comment

• arshadeomran
              • Dec 2013
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Replicant
              You'll need to edit the search string in the advanced settings for that module in site-builder. This search string shows the latest posts and comments with a "Reply to", "Comment on" or starter info on a new topic for the last 7 days.
              Code:
              {"date":{"from":"7"},"type":["vBForum_Gallery","vBForum_Link","vBForum_Photo","vBForum_Poll","vBForum_Text","vBForum_Video"],"sort":{"relevance":"desc"},"view":"","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
              Before you change the search string, save the old one so you can put it back the way it was if you don't like the results.
              Hi Replicant,
              I tested code, but it does'nt show latest replied topics. It shows latest posts, while I want to show latest replied topics including:

Title of replied thread
              A username that has sent latest post.
              latest reply in that topic.

Thanks.
              Last edited by arshadeomran; Sat 6 Jun '15, 3:13pm.
              www.arshadeomran.ir

Comment

• arshadeomran
                • Dec 2013
                • 4.2.X

Update!
                www.arshadeomran.ir

Comment

• Replicant
                  • Sep 2014

It'll be next week before I have a chance to look at it. Maybe someone else has an answer?

Comment

• Josh789
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 5.1.x

Look, I'm sorry to bump this - I know it's frowned upon - but..

I'd love to get an answer as I want the same functionality, and I'm guessing the OP still does as well.

If anyone can help, it would be really appreciated

Comment

• Josh789
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by arshadeomran
                      Hi Replicant,
                      I tested code, but it does'nt show latest replied topics. It shows latest posts, while I want to show latest replied topics including:

Title of replied thread
                      A username that has sent latest post.
                      latest reply in that topic.

Thanks.
                      I'm sorry to bump this again but it went ignored. This is exactly what I require for my site. If anyone can assist it will be VERY appreciated.

Comment

• Mark.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 6.0.X

It needs "starter_only":1 in the string.

Here's what I use....you should be able to adapt it as needed. This goes back thirty days.

Code:
                        {"starter_only":1,"date":{"from":"30"},"type":["vBForum_Gallery","vBForum_Link","vBForum_Photo","vBForum_Poll","vBForum_Text","vBForum_Video"],"channel":["2"],"sort":{"created":"desc"},"view":"","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
                        MARK.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        ------------
                        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Josh789
                          • Apr 2015
                          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                          It needs "starter_only":1 in the string.

Here's what I use....you should be able to adapt it as needed. This goes back thirty days.

Code:
                          {"starter_only":1,"date":{"from":"30"},"type":["vBForum_Gallery","vBForum_Link","vBForum_Photo","vBForum_Poll","vBForum_Text","vBForum_Video"],"channel":["2"],"sort":{"created":"desc"},"view":"","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
                          Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, this isn't quite what I'm looking for. If you have a look at my site: http://forum.highonhockey.com/ you can see that I have two search modules on the right hand side. One shows latest posts, the other shows latest topics.

What I would truly like is to have only one module, but have the module display the most recently updated topics, new or old - and with the avatar and name of the most recent poster. This is almost achieved using the first module - latest posts - but the problem is that if the 5 most recent posts on my forum are all from the same thread, the module displays all of them. I would like to only have the most recent post in each topic.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it properly, though I imagine it must be a fairly common request..

Thanks again for any help you can provide!

Comment