X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LockedOnLaw
    • Apr 2010
    • 6.X

Content Slider Attached Background Images Issue On Mobile Devices

The content slider background images overlap each other on mobile devices. I can't tell if it's an overflow issue or a z-index issue or something else causing the problem but I can tell that reducing the images to 640 pixels in width as opposed to the 1156 pixels wide the slider actually is does no good as the slider stretches the images to 100% of the container. It looks great on desktop devices but terrible on mobile devices. Is there a way to turn the slider off on mobile devices without having to manually create a media query to not display the slider if the device width is smaller than 1156 pixels?
  • Replicant
    • Sep 2014

The media query would be the most simple and effective way to hide the slider since the page is the same whether mobile or desktop. You could also use jquery, but you would probably see a flash of the slider during page load until the script is executed.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

In 5.1.7, you can hide modules on mobile devices. Go to Sitebuilder and edit the Content Slider module and you will see the following options:

Code:
      Show module at these screen sizes:[LIST][*]Desktop size (968px or wider)[*]Small size (481px to 967px wide)[*]Extra Small size (480px or narrower)[/LIST]

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• gowthamvarma
        • May 2015
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
        In 5.1.7, you can hide modules on mobile devices. Go to Sitebuilder and edit the Content Slider module and you will see the following options:

Code:
        Show module at these screen sizes:[LIST][*]Desktop size (968px or wider)[*]Small size (481px to 967px wide)[*]Extra Small size (480px or narrower)[/LIST]

After upgrading to 5.1.8, I am not getting any of these options, can you please help.
        It is full of clutter on the mobile device.I am trying to disable it on the mobile.

Is there any other place where i can set this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	4326088

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

There seems to be problems with your vBCloud upgrade. That missing Show module options and the hidden Content Slider module. Are the missing Show module options just in the Content Slider module or in all modules? You need to contact vB staff to resolve these issues as you are on vBCloud.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment