X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Finger78
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

htaccess issues, no admincp?

I have installed vb5 on my main website, but I was trying to setup a localhost testing platform on my home server and I'm unable to get it working.

When I upload everything and configure my config.php files as I normally would on my hosted server I get an Internal Server Error when attempting to install /core/install/install.php

If I remove the .htaccess file I can then proceed with installation however when it completed the admincp is broken (lists parent directory & folders not the admincp as you would expect) and the website is white and formatted incorrectly. (Maybe css isnt loading?)

I'm not sure if these issues are related or just really bad luck on my behalf. But I need to know how to properly setup the .htaccess file to work on my local machine, once that it resolved I can only hope my second issue will be resolved as well.

Environment: Win Server 2012 R2
    Running WAMP (Apache v2.4.9; PHP v5.5.12; and MySQL v5.6.17)
    config.php (in \Core\includes\) is default values across the board except dbname = vb5 and undeleteableusers = 1

config.php in root is default values

I hope someone can help.
  • bastien
    • May 2015
    • 5.1.x

I think I have the same problem, 3 days I try to install correctly ... but I think having a solution !

In your vbulletin settings, load templates from files and not database ! And in your htaccess, uncomment the line rewritebase and add to it the path to your vbulletin.

It seems working on my host !

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Do you have mod_rewrite and mod_filter enabled in WAMP? If you are using virtual hosts, you need to enable mod_vhost_alias as well. In your httpd.conf file, you need to make sure that AllowOverride is set to All.

Finally, you must copy the included .htacces file to your vBulletin directory. You will probably have to update the #RewriteBase / line to point to your directory from the root of the drive and remove the # to uncomment it. If you're using a sub-directory, then you will need to simply uncomment it for it to work.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Here is my copy running on WAMP. Took me a couple days to get it working though because I am not very fluent in Apache and decided to use subdomains with custom URLs.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment