• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • panoramia
    • Oct 2013
    • 5.1.x

updating thread is very slow when new posts are added

Dear Sirs,

I have vBulleting 5.1.5 installed (this has happened in previous versions as well), the problem I have is this:
    • Whenever I create a new post it takes AGES for the new post to be submitted, when I say ages I mean sometimes minutes
    • When a new post has already been submitted and I try to reply to it by uploading an image, it will also take ages. What is happening now is that it will never end up posting the new reply with the attached image, I will have to open a new tab and load my forum,, then the post will appear on the last messages list, but if I check the tab where I am posting the new reply, vBulletin is just waiting and waiting to submit the post, never ending
    • Adding a new comment will be slow but not as slow as posting a reply with an image
    • When I press the LIKE button it takes ages to update and show 1 like, same as new posts
    Why is this happening? In the beginning is was pretty fast but over time it's been slower and slower and slower, as it happens with Windows OS to all of us, the more you use it the slower it gets until you have to end up reformatting

What can be causing this? How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance
    Kind regards,
    Alfonso

P.S. I posted this new message and it was super fast. On my site, the reply I was submitting is still in the process of being submitted, it's taking longer than the time it took me to write this message
  • panoramia
    • Oct 2013
    • 5.1.x

This small 3 minutes video shows the exact problems I am having with vBulletin 5.1.5 installation, it happened in prior installations as well. Submitting new posts, liking a post, it takes AGES.

Can anybody tell me what the problem could be and how this can be fixed? It's making the use of my vBulletin forum unusable

VIDEO: http://screencast.com/t/Ik0omGMk5Ke

Thanks in advance!
    Kind regards,
    Alfonso

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Please upgrade to 5.1.7. There were changes made to alleviate this problem.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment