• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

Quick Question Regarding Channel Moderation > Move Post to Article Section

Hi again,

This is a quick and easy question regarding moving forum posts to the article section.

Recently told by Replicant it is possible to move articles without the promote article function in vb4

I am now no longer able to do this as I was at first. There must have been a setting change that has taken out the ability to show the articles channel in the inline moderation menu (move post).

The articles channel no longer appears for me and only shows the forum channel and sub-forums. It does not show the article channel anymore.

What setting can I place to put the article channel back in the moderation menu. You would be a big help to tell me.

Thank you.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

I think this works the other way round: You can move articles from the articles section to forums, however you can't move forum topics/posts to the articles section.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by TLMD
      I think this works the other way round: You can move articles from the articles section to forums, however you can't move forum topics/posts to the articles section.
      I was able to do it before, so confirmed to be possible.

I'll wait for a mod to tell me how to restore the setting. Thanks.
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

If you did it before, it was most likely a bug. That isn't currently a feature in the software.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Replicant
          Replicant commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm pretty sure I'm using vbulletin built in inline mod tools to copy a post to the Articles section. Copying and moving posts is a built it feature, right?

• Wayne Luke
          Wayne Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          There are several JIRAs in place because moving and copying to different channel types breaks things and isn't supported for all content types. It was supposed to be removed from the UI until it can be fixed.

• Brad Padgett
          Brad Padgett commented
          Editing a comment
          I would keep it if it already works. Move post does not work. Copying posts however does for article types. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't keep it implemented.
      • Replicant
        • Sep 2014

Are you trying to move or copy? I can "copy" topics to articles but not "move" topics to articles.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.1.x

Well I just realized how much of an idiot I am. I was using the "move post" feature which did not work. The "copy post" feature does work.

So I figured out what I did wrong.

Anyways Wayne Luke it does indeed work. You can copy any article to the homepage, even keeping the author as the post maker. Whether it's a bug or not, this feature is highly valued.

Personally, I would keep this function working just because it's already been implemented. If you guys don't use "promote to article" there should be no reason why we can't use the copy post feature to do the same thing.

The move post feature however does not work but the copy feature does. Please keep this working in further releases.

Thanks Replicant. You've been more than helpful.

Comment