Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gtrcanada
    • Sep 2011

Installation issues

I have uploaded all the VB 5.1.6 files, and set up the two config files (in the root, and in core/includes).
    My forum home page has no graphics, and all the text is piled up on one side with 404 errors appearing in boxes. The admincp link comes up as a 404 error, although the folder is named properly and is where is should be. I checked the manual and there are some directions which i need to follow, but important information is missing.

Any ideas on what might be my issue?
  • gtrcanada
    • Sep 2011

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

It sounds like you did not upload the required .htaccess file.

Also, if your files are in the /vb directory (example), you will need to change this line in your .htaccess file:

#RewriteBase /

to this line:

RewriteBase /vb/

(change "vb" to the name of the directory the files are in if they are not in the root directory.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• gtrcanada
        • Sep 2011

Thank you for your help. I had changed the RewriteBase to /forums/ however omitted the folder in front of that (it is a test install). Thanks for putting me on the right track!

Another issue I am having though, the forum shows no posts, members, forums etc. I had uploaded an exisiting vbulletin 4 database into a blank database and vbulletin 5 is connected to the database. But I cannot get it to show the exisiting database info, and I can see it properly in phpmyadmin. Any ideas?

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

So, did you run the upgrade.php script instead of the install.php script? Does the forum show *anything* from the old forum you upgraded from (forums, thread counts, etc.)? If not, are you sure you did an upgrade? And are you sure you entered a table prefix if the database uses one?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• gtrcanada
            • Sep 2011

Hi Lynne,
            The install script started automatically so I guess I did that by mistake. I completely deleted all the vb5 files, and reuploaded them and did an upgrade instead of install.
            I still end up with the same issue. My database does not have a table prefix, and I checked the vb4 version to double check. If I do not put a prefix in the config file I get this error:
            Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_userinfo() on a non-object in /home/gtrcan5/public_html/forums/core/vb/library/user.php on line 841
            THis line is:
            $usercontext = vB::getCurrentSession()->fetch_userinfo();

Am I doing it wrong?

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Did the installer/upgrader actually finish running? The error indicates the system can't fetch any user information, or none exists.

Comment