X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anguilla1980
    • Nov 2002
    • 5.1.x

Help with where a few of style attributes are

These might seem trivial but they really bug me since I'm in the home straight of getting my forum precisely how I want it lol.

If you look at the first image I attached, I circled what I'm looking for:

1) How do I get rid of the padding on the left of the logo image to bring it out to match the edges of the forum?

2) Where is the code for the links in the horizontal bar at the bottom? I want to add the <center> </center> tag to get it from the right. I had this is version 3 but can't find it in 5.

3) The color of the tabs for the Blogs/Articles/Groups tabs. I want to change it from that dark blue to a grey color. I figured out how to make the dark blue transparent when hovered over like I wanted but can't find the actual dark blue setting to change.

Now on to my second image I've attached. This one perplexes me.

4) So when my forum is offline and I'm not logged in, my page title in the browser shows -- My Forums, what's with the hyphen? In my settings I clearly have it named without a hyphen. Then it gets weirder, when I'm logged into the forum, it still won't just show my forum name as entered into my forum settings, it wants to add the word "Forum" to it which I noticed corresponds to the channel name.

How do I get both of these from dicking with the site name I have specified?! I tried changing the channel name to my forums name then changing my forum name setting to a description of my forum, that way when you make a bookmark it says "My Forums - Description" which I'm ok with, BUT then when I log out, I get that stupid hyphen again and it will only show the description of the site I entered into the forum name setting. I just want these consistent.

Last question I have...

5) How do I get rid of the "Tag Cloud" box in the right column? Where is the setting to remove that?

Thanks allot!!!! I'm totally new with v5 and have been using v3 so I'm a little lost where some things got moved to lol.

Ohhhh! ....and where do I set my forums to you must be logged into to view anything? I only want registered users to view the forum. Thanks!
    Last edited by anguilla1980; Fri 8 May '15, 11:58am.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

1) You'll need to override the header CSS in your css_addiitonal.css template. Something like:
    [code]
    #header .site-logo {
    padding: 22px 0px 26px 10px;
    }
    [code]

2) You'll need to override the footer css with custom CSS in the css_additional.css template. <center> is not a valid tag in HTML5. Something like:
    Code:
    #footer-tabber { text-align:center}
    Could break things though if you add links or have the style and language dropdowns showing.

3) You can change these via Style Variables in the AdminCP. Go to Styles & Templates -> Style Manager. Since you're using the theme, you'll need to create a Child Style using the dropdown first. Once you have the child style, its option dropdown should say "Style Variable Editor" and you would click the go button. Find the header_tabbar style variables in the list and change them to the colors you want. Saving each one as you go.

4) The hyphen is added by the code. It can't be removed at this time. If your forum is on, the page name is shown there.

5) Click the Edit Site toggle to the right of your user name. Click Edit Page. Go to the Tag Cloud Module and click the Trash Can icon to delete. Save the page and if you wish turn off Site Builder.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• anguilla1980
      • Nov 2002
      • 5.1.x

Ok sweet, so I'm good then except I couldn't get the footer tabbar centering to work. It had no affect. Should it tabbar and not tabber? I tried that too...

Code:
      #footer-tabbar { text-align:center}

Comment

• anguilla1980
        • Nov 2002
        • 5.1.x

Also say I wanted ONLY the fonts for actual thread/post body text to be a specific font, separate from what I have set for the rest of the forum, which setting would that be?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

Originally posted by 92GTA
          Ok sweet, so I'm good then except I couldn't get the footer tabbar centering to work. It had no affect. Should it tabbar and not tabber? I tried that too...

Code:
          #footer-tabbar { text-align:center}
          Try this:

Code:
          #footer-tabbar { text-align: center; }
          #footer-tabbar ul.chooser-list { position: absolute; }
          #footer-tabbar ul.nav-list {
              margin: 0;
              float: none;
              display: inline-block !important;
          }

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Originally posted by 92GTA
            Also say I wanted ONLY the fonts for actual thread/post body text to be a specific font, separate from what I have set for the rest of the forum, which setting would that be?
            Try this in css_additional.css template:

Code:
            .b-post__content {
                font-family: XXXXXX;
            }

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• anguilla1980
              • Nov 2002
              • 5.1.x

Both of those worked, thanks!!!!

Now I'll change the font as well for the post entry text to make it easier on the users and match the post content font, then I'm good for now!
              Any idea how to change that?

Alex
              Last edited by anguilla1980; Fri 8 May '15, 3:50pm.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                • Mar 2011
                • 5.7.X

The font in the ckeditor box is controlled by the body_font stylevar that's also used in the main body of the site. So you cannot use that to change the ckeditor font. Unfortunately, ckeditor only uses css_editor.css template, it doesn't include the css_additional.css (which it should) for some reason. This means the only solution at the moment is to edit the css_editor.css template which is not recommended.

Comment

• anguilla1980
                  • Nov 2002
                  • 5.1.x

Gotcha, ok I'll stick with what I have. Thank allot!

Comment