X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danloona
    • Mar 2015

Post Icon as a default icon for a specific channel

Hello vBulletin supporters & developers,

I would like to know how to set up a Post Icon as a default one for a specific channel only. When the members make new post, their post automatically gets the Post Icon, only in a specific channel, not for all channels. There`s in settings a configuration option for a default post icon, but it sets up for all channels. Maybe there`s a CSS option of the "threadview" same as has the default function "Show default Post Icon". Who can give me an idea or to explain how can I make it?

Thank You,
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This isn't something that the software supports natively. The only way that I can think of doing would involve custom coding. Might be able to set it in the template if the channelid is exposed to the form there but I don't know if it is. You might have success asking at www.vbulletin.org.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

This could be done using template hook where you can have javascript programmatically select the desired post icon from the post icon dropdown when creating a new topic for a specific channel.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...