New Topics vs New Posts vs Today's Topics (plus other questions)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wbtd
    • Jan 2007

New Topics vs New Posts vs Today's Topics (plus other questions)

Hello,

We upgraded finally (ugh..what a mess). We have a million things to try to figure out and restore but I thought I would start with a couple of questions

1. Old version we had a Search for New Posts. Now we only have New Topics. When we read a thread the Topic still shows back up in the search when you repeat the search for New Topics. Is there a "New Posts" search that will eliminate the Topic from the search once you read the thread?

2. I see there is a Today's Topics Search on this forum. How do I add it to my Forum?

3. When I search New Topics (which I think is different from what New Posts used to be) then this is what my URL turns into

http://www .webegtodiffer. com/search?searchJSON=%7B%22view%22%3A%22topic%22%2C%2 2unread_only%22%3A1%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22lastconte nt%22%3A%22desc%22%7D%2C%22exclude_type%22%3A%5B%2 2vBForum_PrivateMessage%22%5D%7D

4.When you see the list of new topics, you no longer see the forum it's been posted in. Is there a way to add the Forum name to the New Topics view?