X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fcherub
    • Jan 2005
    • 5.1.x

welcome pm and welcome email

I'm having a little trouble with welcome pm and welcome email functions (5.1.6)

The welcome pm email and private message are being received in english, when my forum is in french. The french phrase translation is there.

The welcome email is in the correct language but none of the accented characters show.

Other emails such as vbulletin_email_test_msg also contain accented characters like é or è and they show up fine.

I have tried both php mail and smtp.

I've also tried utf-8 encoding but it just sends an empty email.

For now, I have disabled welcomepm

What do you think could be causing this?

Thank you
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Is French set as the default language?

Comment

• fcherub
      • Jan 2005
      • 5.1.x

Hello,

yes, french is default.

Just to clarify, what I'm receiving in english is also privatemessage_gemailbody

Code:
      [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Monaco][SIZE=14px]Dear test,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Monaco][SIZE=14px]admin has sent you a private message. You can view it at:[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
      [URL]http://www.colocforum.net/privatemessage/list/31561/1[/URL]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Monaco][SIZE=14px]Here is a preview of the message:[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Monaco][SIZE=14px]Thanks for registering at Colocforum, le Forum de la Colocation, site de colocation gratuit! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Monaco][SIZE=14px]All the best,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Monaco][SIZE=14px]Colocforum, le Forum de la Colocation, site de colocation gratuit[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Monaco][SIZE=14px]All the best,[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Monaco][SIZE=14px]Colocforum, le Forum de la Colocation, site de colocation gratuit[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
      Notice All the best, etc. appears twice btw
      Last edited by fcherub; Sun 19 Apr '15, 2:03pm.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Are you running the latest version?

Comment

• fcherub
          • Jan 2005
          • 5.1.x

version 5.1.6

Comment

• fcherub
            • Jan 2005
            • 5.1.x

The accented characters missing from welcomemail_gemailbody is not a vbulletin issue, it's a problem with the webmail I'm using (ok in Thunderbird)

Problem with welcomepm_gemailbody and privatemessage_gemailbody remain.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...