X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin Sours
    Lead Developer
    • Apr 2008
    • 5.5.x

Our current plan is to release a public alpha of 5.1.7 on Monday.
    Kevin

Comment

• Foxx.
      • Oct 2010
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
      Many of the 'issues' you mention are feature requests and improvement requests.

vBulletin 5 is usable on a live site right now.
      You can see my demo deployment here:

That is perfectly usable.

the 'issues' of users not being able to view their notifications, PM's or profile page are what exactly, feature requests and/or improvement requests? attachments not showing up is not critical and/or feature/improvement requests? posts not showing up in order and missing some completely is not critical? not being able to access threads is a feature/improvement request?

i'm sorry i was under the assumption that the vB5 Connect project was a bulletin board. that you trivialize and dismiss essential functions as not being essential is.... what's the word i'm looking for here, absurd. you can claim that the 'issues' i mention are not part of the essentiality of a bulletin board and perhaps to you, they are not. i am willing to bet however that were one to ask any established board owner if these were essential, you would get a resounding yes. why would anyone supposedly upgrade to an inferior product?

i'm not here to pile on, i have liked your product for a long time. however, the vB5 project is a black-eye and to profess otherwise is just downright deceitful.

being as i will not get a concrete answer to my question, i think the best thing to do here is simply for us to part ways. how do i go about getting a refund for a product that, to me, is useless 30 months after being purchased.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Foxx.
        the 'issues' of users not being able to view their notifications, PM's or profile page are what exactly, feature requests and/or improvement requests?
        Given that this doesn't happen on a default installation, I'd say it was a permissions issue. Without seeing your specific set up though, I couldn't say for certain.

attachments not showing up is not critical and/or feature/improvement requests? posts not showing up in order and missing some completely is not critical? not being able to access threads is a feature/improvement request?
        Attachments could be permissions. Posts not in order is a bug but not "critical", and it doesn't actually happen on most sites. As Wayne said, what's critical to one customer is not critical to another. the development team do not have enough resources to simply treat every bug as "critical", so they have to prioritise, and sometimes that means stuff we'd all like fixing gets pushed down the list.

i'm sorry i was under the assumption that the vB5 Connect project was a bulletin board. that you trivialize and dismiss essential functions as not being essential is.... what's the word i'm looking for here, absurd. you can claim that the 'issues' i mention are not part of the essentiality of a bulletin board and perhaps to you, they are not. i am willing to bet however that were one to ask any established board owner if these were essential, you would get a resounding yes. why would anyone supposedly upgrade to an inferior product?

i'm not here to pile on, i have liked your product for a long time. however, the vB5 project is a black-eye and to profess otherwise is just downright deceitful.

being as i will not get a concrete answer to my question, i think the best thing to do here is simply for us to part ways. how do i go about getting a refund for a product that, to me, is useless 30 months after being purchased.
        The answer to your question has already been given - it's usable on live site right now. I install it on live sites all the time. I appreciate you disagree, and I'm truly sorry you're dissatisfied.

You are welcome to email [email protected] regarding refunds, however, do be aware that the normal policy is that once the software is downloaded, no refund can be given. This is in the license agreement that you agree to at purchase. the reason it's done like that is that vBulletin is "visible source", and as such the product cannot be "returned" once downloaded.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Foxx.
          • Oct 2010
          • 4.0.x

nothing in the agreement about it being a useable product i assume?

guess i can stick around and be a disgruntled customer, eh?
          Last edited by Foxx.; Wed 1 Apr '15, 3:35pm.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

nothing in the agreement about it being a useable product i assume?

guess i can stick around and be a disgruntled customer, eh?
            It is a usable product, I've already pointed this out several times in the thread.
            I'm done here. I'm not out to convince you of anything. I don't handle refunds so your best option is to send an email as per my earlier post.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------

Comment

• Farook Ahmed
              • Jan 2015
              • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Kevin Sours
              Our current plan is to release a public alpha of 5.1.7 on Monday.
              Kevin
              This is as far as it goes for me. If things dont look good here I Quit.

Comment

• AScherff
                • Jun 2008

I can understand the anger. Also we have been waiting for a reasonably stable version. 5.1.6 is ok (not perfect) but still has significant errors.

To my mind it takes too long to easily be corrected bugs, even if I write the solution in the ticket. Mostly, however, I do not know what the cause is. It's not my job to find workarounds or fixes.

I will not complain, but a little more support and communication would be great. I like VB and I hope that at least "critical" bugs are fixed quickly.

P.S. Just to provoke, some weeks ago i have sent a mail to sales asking for a refund. I never got an answer

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

I can see your ticket. There are some staff notes in it about there being an open support ticket, but someone should have gone back to you with a response. I'm sorry about that.
                  I'll make sure someone picks it up and responds, though I would caution that the rules around refunds are as I mentioned above:
                  "Once the software is downloaded, no refund can be given. This is in the license agreement that you agree to at purchase. The reason it's done like that is that vBulletin is "visible source", and as such the product cannot be "returned" once downloaded."
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------

Comment

• AScherff
                    • Jun 2008

Mark.B a-cke-saved-href="#" href="#" class="b-bbcode-user js-bbcode-user">Mark.B E=Mark.B;n4317786]
                    "Once the software is downloaded, no refund can be given. This is in the license agreement that you agree to at purchase. The reason it's done like that is that vBulletin is "visible source", and as such the product cannot be "returned" once downloaded."[/QUOTE]

Dont worry.

My intension was not to realy get a refund. It was only a hint " Hey, you selling a lousy, buggy product which (for me) was not working before 5.1.6. Please give more attention to your customers."
                    Last edited by AScherff; Thu 2 Apr '15, 3:15am.

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Fair enough, but remember the person reading such requests - be they sales or support - has no input or responsibility for any of that, and is just there to try to assist you.

Shouting at them won't improve anything, and human nature being what it is, will probably just make them less inclined to be sympathetic.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------

Comment

• Foxx.
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Mark.B

It is a usable product, I've already pointed this out several times in the thread.
                        I'm done here. I'm not out to convince you of anything. I don't handle refunds so your best option is to send an email as per my earlier post.
                        we will have to agree to disagree.

since we can't part ways, i guess i am stuck. i have no interest in being disgruntled, that serves no one. no one well anyways. at this point, i only have one option and that is to patiently wait for a useable product. hopefully it comes sooner rather than later and that it has a long run, because it will be a long time before i purchase another Internet Brands product.

please close this thread, thank you.

Comment