X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astonishedman
    • Oct 2014
    • 5.1.x

Recognizing session outside of forum

I have a page outside of the forum that I want to only display the contents if they are logged into the forum. It is a calculator of sorts. The page is PHP and would like to know what I can include and what session to check for. The logic is basically: if logged in display calculator, else display message to login. Possible?
  • astonishedman
    • Oct 2014
    • 5.1.x

Is this achievable?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

It would require custom programming. However we don't have working documentation on this as such it is outside the scope of support.

I would actually try putting the calculator within a PHP Module on a custom page and then you would be able to pull in vBulletin variables directly. If you need help with this, you should ask at www.vBulletin.org.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• astonishedman
        • Oct 2014
        • 5.1.x

hmm. okay. As a php programmer myself, it seems there should be a session variable or something I could detect and set my permissions accordingly. Guess it is all proprietary. I'll figure something out.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

There are variables for this. The place to get help with that is over at www.vbulletin.org.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...