Advanced Editor for 5.1.5 Still not available???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djcaseanova
    • Apr 2006
    • 5.1.x

Advanced Editor for 5.1.5 Still not available???

Is showing the Advanced Editor still not available for 5.1.5?? The issues in JIRA that I found claimed this was resolved in 5.0.2, but may be I am mistaken??
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

There is no advanced editor, the one that is there shows pretty much everything.

MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• djcaseanova
      • Apr 2006
      • 5.1.x

The advanced editor I am referring to is the "A" icon when posting. This "advanced editor" is good enough, but I misspoke. Trying to see if a solution has been found to make this the default post editor. The JIRA items I have found do not offer a solution. Once a person uses the advanced editor it's supposed to stay active due to cookies, however this is also not working for me or my users on the board. Nor is it working in this forum. I am constantly clicking on the "A" icon to activate it.

Looking for options to make the "Advanced Editor" the default when posting.

Comment

• online68
        • Mar 2015

I, too, would love to see a way to make the "advanced editor" default to always be open. I created a topic on this last night, but the above post states it more succinctly.

Comment

• djcaseanova
          • Apr 2006
          • 5.1.x

I created a work around.... after doing the research, this worked for me and I JUST posted it over at vbulletin.org

New Posting Features - Make ADVANCED Editor Default for Posting vBulletin 5.x Template Modifications

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

If you press the "A" icon on a post, it should become your default via a Cookie. No workaround should be needed. If the cookie isn't being written make sure that the cookie prefix in /config.php and /core/config.php match and that you're not block the cookie in your browser somehow.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BulliM
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              If you press the "A" icon on a post, it should become your default via a Cookie.
              Doesn't work!

Maybe there is a bug. In /config.php" the variable is "$config['cookie_prefix']" and in /core/includes/config.php it is "$config['cookieprefix']" (without underscore). Is it intended?
              Last edited by BulliM; Wed 18 Mar '15, 7:03pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Yes, the names are correct and they should both have the same value. Do you have a cookie on your machine with the prefix followed by showcketoolbar?
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...