How do I change the image and text that shows up when I post a link to my forum (vbulletin5) on Facebook?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nomadgirl
    • Dec 2014

How do I change the image and text that shows up when I post a link to my forum (vbulletin5) on Facebook?

Hi all,

When I post a link to my forum (vbulletin5) on Facebook, it automatically chooses my personal forum profile image or the forum logo (which is the wrong size to display properly in FB) as part of the link. Also, there is some kind of default text, which I'd like to change: "Forums - Digital Nomadist Forums
    vBulletin Forums"

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'd like to upload a better image through my forum cpanel (or vbulletin admin co) that FB would automatically choose to display whenever someone links to my forum in FB.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You should be able to specify the URL to an image in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options. Have you set this?

The default text is just the page title.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• nomadgirl
      • Dec 2014

Ok, I found it - thank-you!

Next question - where do I upload the image to? I use url jet, and I know how to upload a file via cPanel's file system, but what folder should I upload the image into?

Comment

• nomadgirl
        • Dec 2014

I put it here: http://www.myurl.com/images/FB_default-link-image.png - is that correct? If I enter that url in my browser, the image displays as it should. Then I added that url in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options

It's not showing up in FB yet though, wondering if it just takes FB a while to notice the new image?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

I'll have to discuss it with the developer tomorrow to see if it should still be working. I say it should but it might be something that was overlooked.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment