How do I increase the font size for forum posts in vb5?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nomadgirl
    • Dec 2014

How do I increase the font size for forum posts in vb5?

Hi everyone! So I know nothing about css, and am wondering if someone here could tell me how to increase the font size for my forum posts? I assume I'll have to mess around in the style manager in the admin CP?

I just changed the theme, and like the new look, but the font in this theme seems smaller than the default vBulletin theme. If I can make forum posts display in a larger font it'll be PERFECT!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide - it's much appreciated!
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Change the body_font stylevar in the Style Variable Editor.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• nomadgirl
      • Dec 2014

Glenn Vergara Thanks so much for the reply! I got stuck though...

I went to Styles and Templates > Style Manager >

I see the stripes box checked off and it's showing the "edit settings" option

The default style box is also checked off and it's showing the "style variable editor" option - if I click "Go", I was able to find the body_font thing, but when I changed the font size, it didn't make a difference. (I cleared my browser's cache before checking to see if any change occurred.)

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Edit the stylevar for the selected theme/style. If you changed the default style, then your change should reflect in the default style.

Or probably you have custom CSS in css_additional that's overriding the font size set for the body_font stylevar. Can you post a link to your forum so I can check?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment