Problems with Images both as Attachment and within the post!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fionix
    • Jul 2007

Problems with Images both as Attachment and within the post!

I will try to follow your guidlines to see if I really get a qualified answer to my questions which can help solve my huge problem with Vbulletin 5.1.5
    1. vBulletin Version - 5.1.5
    2. PHP Version - 5.4.36
    3. MySQL Version - 5.5.41-37.0-log
    4. Any Addons installed - NO
    5. Does the issue occur in a default style? - YES
    6. Does the issue occur using the English language provided? YES
    7. Error message on the screen' - NONE - Shows a broken thumbnail.
    8. Browser and Browser version used. - Firefox 35.0.1 - Chrome 40.0.2214.115 m
    9. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue. Try to upload a image either directly in the forum or as attachment!

Hope above are sufficient basic information.

So no to the problem.

When I try to upload a Image (GIF,BMP,JPG) and post the thread as Admin I can see the image, registered users see a brocken thumbnail. I went to UserGroup, Channel Permission to check if registered are allowed to see images, they are

So I went to Admin Permission to see if there is something different! No not

I forgot about it since it is just another Vbulletin bug

So I used Attachedments, the "Camera" one can click when opening a new thread.
    BANG New image can be posted inline! Wow... but when clicking the thumbnail it is small, don't go to original size. So I checked Options -> Message Attachment and put everything to full size.. nothing works.. still same crap. So I tried to upload a BMP image, BANG some pictures / images get full size...! Most are not.

So is there any idea if this can fixed? Satan took me when I upgraded to VB 5 If I could fire my self I would do it.. damn I regret when ever I took this step..
    Cyprus Company Formation
    |Cyprus Offshore Bank Account| Offshore Company Formation| Asset Protection Offshore
  • fionix
    • Jul 2007

Is this the way we get fast answers?
    Cyprus Company Formation
    |Cyprus Offshore Bank Account| Offshore Company Formation| Asset Protection Offshore

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

You should wait 24 hours prior to bumping your thread.

What is the result of Maintenance > Diagnostics > Upload?

So, you can see the image, but no one else can? Can you see it is your clear your browser cache? This is in all forums? and the other usergroups have Can See Thumbnails and Can Download Image Attachments set to Yes? (and it is set that way in Channel Permissions if the usergroup has custom permissions in the channel?)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• fionix
        • Jul 2007

Thank you for your reply Lynne:

Here are the data for "upload":
        file_uploads: On
        open_basedir: None
        safe_mode: Off
        upload_tmp_dir: None
        upload_max_filesize: 128.00 MB
        Results No errors occurred while opening the uploaded file for reading.

Yes have cleared the Cache many times, always same result, Admin (I) can see the images everyone else see only a broken thumbnail, on ALL forums, Articles and Blog.

Usergroup "registered user"
        Can see thumbnail - YES
        Can Download Image Attachments - YES
        Same for Channel Permission - set to YES

Cyprus Company Formation

Comment

• fionix
          • Jul 2007

Okay... if I go to Article and click Insert "IMAGE" and use a URL (not upload) and post it, then it works for all users.
          The same if I create a New Thread and use the IMAGE button and paste a URL in there, then it shows up in the thread.
          Cyprus Company Formation

Comment

• fionix
            • Jul 2007

No response? please..
            Cyprus Company Formation

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Are the attachments stored in the database or filesystem?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• fionix
                • Jul 2007

Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at XXXXXX/vbulletin-attachments

Shall I move them into the DB?
                Cyprus Company Formation

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Sometimes it is worth moving them to the database to see if it works there. Also, you should be using an absolute path for the attachment path, not a relative one, so you may want to make sure of that also.

Comment

• fionix
                    • Jul 2007

Thank you, what would it look like? I didn't change that it's the starndard path in VBulletin I think!
                    Cyprus Company Formation

Comment

• markavatar
                      • Nov 2011
                      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by fionix
                      Thank you, what would it look like? I didn't change that it's the starndard path in VBulletin I think!

I don't know if this applies to you, but one really odd thing I found when I upgraded from vb4 recently was that paths were not set properly during the upgrade (during a fresh test install, this was not the case).

Go to admin -> Attachments -> Attachment Storate Type -> Move Items to a Different Directory and make SURE your paths and the url is correct (and of course, that you have the directory permissions set correctly).

Have to say, after working on a test install very carefully for about a week and then being hammered with weird little problems when it came time to actually upgrade the live site, that I think a huge number of the problems I've seen are introduced during the upgrade process.

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by fionix
                        There is no standard path in vBulletin since vBulletin stores them in the database by default. A full path would look something like /home/user/domains/comain.com/attachments whereas a relative path would be just /attachments

Comment