X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BugOutGirl
    • Feb 2015
    • 5.1.x

How to get rid of welcome message

How do I get rid of the welcome message at the top of the forum? The one that the guests see. It's turning people away because they think they have to register.

Also, is there a way to identify guests by id number or anything like that. hard to tell who the OP is.

One more thing, I changed the title for guests in the usergroup but the custom title still doesn't appear. it still says "guest". and I've updated the ranks/titles several times.

I'm brand new at running a forum, please go easy on me.

thanks.
  • Graham Walters
    • Feb 2013
    • 5.1.x

Go to the admin control panel ACP>Notices>Notice Manager

It's called the "default guest message, you can edit or delete it there.

Thats also the place to add your own notices.

Re: Guests

I think you are referring to the Unregistered / Not Logged In group ? Where the User title is 'Guest'

ACP>Usergroups>Usergroup manager>Unregistered / Not Logged In > Click on 'Go' to edit the usergroup, Edit "User Title" to what you want.

NB: Doing this will not alter the default phrases, to do that you have use the phrase manager tools

Comment

• BugOutGirl
      • Feb 2015
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Graham Walters
      Go to the admin control panel ACP>Notices>Notice Manager

It's called the "default guest message, you can edit or delete it there.

Thats also the place to add your own notices.

Re: Guests

I think you are referring to the Unregistered / Not Logged In group ? Where the User title is 'Guest'

ACP>Usergroups>Usergroup manager>Unregistered / Not Logged In > Click on 'Go' to edit the usergroup, Edit "User Title" to what you want.

NB: Doing this will not alter the default phrases, to do that you have use the phrase manager tools
      Sorry but what do you mean by default phrases? and where are the phrase manager tools.

Thank you very much by the way.

I have several more questions/problems... should I fire away in here or make a new thread.

I've tried to find the answers myself but there seems to be limited info on v5

Comment

• Graham Walters
        • Feb 2013
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by TheElectrician

Sorry but what do you mean by default phrases? and where are the phrase manager tools.

Thank you very much by the way.

I have several more questions/problems... should I fire away in here or make a new thread.

I've tried to find the answers myself but there seems to be limited info on v5
        Default phrases are where the term guests is used as a default, for example in "Who's online"

To edit this you need to go to ACP> Languages & Phrases>Phrase Manager

You then need to do a search for the word or phrase you are looking for and edit each instance of it.

Comment

• BugOutGirl
          • Feb 2015
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Graham Walters

Default phrases are where the term guests is used as a default, for example in "Who's online"

To edit this you need to go to ACP> Languages & Phrases>Phrase Manager

You then need to do a search for the word or phrase you are looking for and edit each instance of it.
          Fantastic, thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...