How do i stop unregistered users from viewing images and attachments?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rtsMARK
    • Jan 2015
    • 5.1.x

How do i stop unregistered users from viewing images and attachments?

Hello guys.
    I would like unregistered users to be able to see the text from a thread but NOT see any pictures and/or attachments.
    The only setting i can find is to restrict the usergroup from seeing the whole topic.
    Is there no way to let them view the text in a topic but not pictures/attachments?
    Using 5.1.5 after upgrading from 5.1.4 level 2
    Regards
    Last edited by rtsMARK; Wed 11 Feb '15, 11:34am.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

You can set permissions in the unregistered usergroup so that they cannot download attachments.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• rtsMARK
      • Jan 2015
      • 5.1.x

Thanks Mark.B
      Will this prevent unregistered users from seeing images that use the [IMG][/IMG] tags?
      Also, does limiting access for unregistered users like that hinder the search engines searching my site?

Comment

• rtsMARK
        • Jan 2015
        • 5.1.x

Ok, so i tried what you have suggested and setting permissions in the unregistered usergroup so that they cannot download attachments is not working for me.
        It works for images inserted with the advanced html editor - but not for images inserted by clicking the the camera icon.
        Images inserted with the advanced html editor show up as just the word 'attachment'. When you click on them the unregistered user is taken to a completely blank page - no text or anything (can i change this?).

I have also set the channel permissions to not allow the unregistered usergroup to download images/attachments. I have also set 'view thumbnails' to NO.
        Help please!
        Last edited by rtsMARK; Sat 28 Feb '15, 1:42pm.

Comment