Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I am glad that you were able to figure it out. Modifying code, including templates, is outside the scope of support. If we do have time and can figure out the answer to a modification request quickly, we will provide it as best we can. Code modifications should be handled at vBulletin.org. If you want to suggest these changes be made globally, you can put in an improvement request here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=4

Any Bugs you encountered should be entered here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=1
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rubenban
      • Sep 2013
      • 5.0.X

I didn't know that you don't support modifying templates either. I thought you supported any change made from the AdminCP or SiteBuilder. Sometimes we just need something like "Take a look in this template". As you develop the software, you know better than users what templates contain the information of every part of the site, so if you tell me what is the template I can edit and customize it to my needs, if not I have to spend hours looking for the template I need to modify. Thats the way how I could make my site looks as I wanted.

I have asked only 3 times in this forum and I have never had help with my issues. I had to investigate for myself to solve the problems, and that's not good. I will try next time in vbulleting.org.

Kind regards.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

You can see what templates are used where by setting the option to insert template names in the output. AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> General Settings -> Add Template Names to HTML Output. As support, we often have to use the same functionality to find code. As templates get more complex, we don't necessarily know where the code is. Especially in the heavily javascript influenced vBulletin 5 which expanded the template language significantly. The resulting HTML might not actually be in a template but generated on the fly.

Once the above setting is on, you can view the page source to see the templates that were used.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• NudnikStudios
          • Oct 2012
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by rubenban
          Again I have to solve the problem alone. I'm not happy at all with the vBulletin support. All the modifications was done to the templates through AdminCP, so it was possible. But you have to want to help to your customers:

SOLUTION
          The solution is easy if you use some CSS and a little edit in the template:

Go to AdminCP > Styles & templates > Your Template (Edit templates)

Then look for "Show Templates" and then, look for this: display_contenttype_conversationreply_Text

Go to line 440 where you will find this:

PHP Code:
          <div class="post-content restore js-post__content-text h-wordwrap" {vb:schema {vb:raw textSchema}}>
          <
          vb:if condition="isset($reportActivity) AND $reportActivity AND !$vmDetail">
          {
          vb:action parsedTextbbcodeparseNodePreview, {vb:var conversation.nodeid}}
          <
          vb:else />
          {
          vb:action parsedTextbbcodeparseNodeText, {vb:var conversation.nodeid}, 0, {vb:var page.contentpagenum}}
          </
          vb:if> 
          You have to replace it for this code:

PHP Code:
          <vb:if condition="isset($reportActivity) AND $reportActivity AND !$vmDetail">
          <
          div id="previewarticulo" class="post-content restore js-post__content-text h-wordwrap limitador" {vb:schema {vb:raw textSchema}}>
          {
          vb:action parsedTextbbcodeparseNodeText, {vb:var conversation.nodeid}, 0, {vb:var page.contentpagenum}}
          <
          <
          div class="post-content restore js-post__content-text h-wordwrap" {vb:schema {vb:raw textSchema}}>
          {
          </

What we are doing here is first using different DIV's (one for the preview in the HOME of your page and other for the full article) and of course a different class named "limitador" to show only a preview of the article with a max-height of 550 pixels (you can edit this height in the CSS to your needs). Of course it will show images and videos in the top of your articles, without restrictions.

To finish, it's important to edit the template inside "CSS templates" called css_additional.css and add this line:

Code:
          .limitador{overflow:hidden;max-height: 550px;}

And that's all, now you have a CMS that really looks like a blog, example: http://justunboxing.com/upload
          I have this issue with videos not displaying on the front page of the CMS as well but I'm running into a bit of an issue trying to follow your instructions. When I go to line 440 of my display_contenttype_conversationreply_Text it doesn't say what yours does. Instead I see

PHP Code:
                                      {vb:action parsedTextbbcodeparseNodePreview, {vb:var conversation.nodeid}}
                                  <
                                      {
                                  </
                                  <
          vb:if condition="isset($reportActivity) AND $reportActivity AND $conversation['previewimage']">
                                      {
          vb:data canGetImgAttachmentuserhasPermissionsforumpermissions2cangetimgattachment, {vb:raw conversation.nodeid}}
                                      <
          vb:if condition="$canGetImgAttachment"
          Is this possibly a version issue or am I likely just screwing something up? Thanks for your time if you can find any to reply to this.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

That is because templates can change every version to add new features and bugs. This is why we don't recommend editing the templates.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rubenban
              • Sep 2013
              • 5.0.X

Originally posted by NudnikStudios

I have this issue with videos not displaying on the front page of the CMS as well but I'm running into a bit of an issue trying to follow your instructions. When I go to line 440 of my display_contenttype_conversationreply_Text it doesn't say what yours does. Instead I see

PHP Code:
              {vb:action parsedTextbbcodeparseNodePreview, {vb:var conversation.nodeid}}
              <
              {
              </
              <
              vb:if condition="isset($reportActivity) AND $reportActivity AND $conversation['previewimage']">
              {
              vb:data canGetImgAttachmentuserhasPermissionsforumpermissions2cangetimgattachment, {vb:raw conversation.nodeid}}
              <
              vb:if condition="$canGetImgAttachment"
              Is this possibly a version issue or am I likely just screwing something up? Thanks for your time if you can find any to reply to this.

It's the same more or less. I was customizing the template, so maybe is not exactly line 440 for you. But just look for the code I said, you will find it near line 440. Then you can do the replacement.

Comment