X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

Page URL different than Forum Labels

On a few of my forums the page URL is different than the forum name.

Not sure what caused this but I noticed it shortly after having to restore the mySQL database through back-up wizard in cpanel.

As you can see, it's supposed to be "destiny modding tools". Instead it's "titanfall modding tools". They have me in google under this URL so I hope you can help.

Gaming Latest is a video game forum for PlayStation 5 (PS5), Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo, Android, iOS and PC gaming discussions. Find news and talk about games.

I'll wait to hear a solution. Thank you.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

If you rename forum channels and categories, the URL is not updated.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
      If you rename forum channels and categories, the URL is not updated.

Seems more like a bug to me don't you think?

That's not good to hear this. How is this possible??
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Its as intended, you can update the url by editing it via editing the page. But you wouldn't want to lose an old url for a page just because you renamed it.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
          Its as intended, you can update the url by editing it via editing the page. But you wouldn't want to lose an old url for a page just because you renamed it.
          Okay.

If you can, I still have that ticket on the site builder issue. Still trying to get the homepage as news articles if you are able to take the time to solve the ticket sometime today or tomorrow that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Zachery
            If the channel has no posts yet then it's ok to change the url. But if not, you can still change it but you should add a 301 redirect rule in htaccess to redirect old urls to new ones.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Replicant
              • Sep 2014

If I'm not mistaken, the redirect301 column in the routenew table is updated to reflect the new routeid with the new URL when a URL is changed. There should be no reason to have to do a manual redirect in VB5.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
                • Jul 2014
                • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Replicant
                If I'm not mistaken, the redirect301 column in the routenew table is updated to reflect the new routeid with the new URL when a URL is changed. There should be no reason to have to do a manual redirect in VB5.

Thank you, really. That's a +Like all the way

SEO is important to me and without the links changing properly to the forum categories, it makes it very difficult. I had even searched myself in google for a test and found myself a very high rank and the link to the forum post was actually different than the category it was under.

It's just not professional and people do notice.

I appreciate your willingness to help around these forums.

Comment