X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rk1708
    • Jan 2015
    • 5.1.x

Originally posted by TLMD

That is done via Site Builder. Go to the forum/channel you want to edit, then activate Site Builder ("Edit Site: On") and click on "Edit Site". Edit the Channel Display Module. The setting you are looking for is "Topics Results per Page", I think. Don't forget to save your changes.
    Got it, thanks, but this way I'll have to edit each channel, I've right now more than 20 channels, is there an easy way to increase this number for all forums.

Comment

• rk1708
      • Jan 2015
      • 5.1.x

Hi VB support staff,

After the upgrade to 5.1.5 my login section on the top right of the site has stopped working, It is displaying the last logged in username but not able to sign out, nothing happens (drop down doesn't open) after clicking the username.

Even after cleaning all browser history/cache?

Please help resolve the issue?

Thanks.

Also let me know the easy way to integrate Google Adsense throughout the site as asked earlier as well a few times. Editing every page and adding ad modules/html modules is a tiresome task, there must be an easy way to paste the code at just one place and display ads across the site on each type of page, i.e.forum, topic, article, channel, homepage etc... Something similar to wordpress where I can insert the code in the header.php, footer.php or any other file I want.

Thanks.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Originally posted by rk1708
        Also let me know the easy way to integrate Google Adsense throughout the site as asked earlier as well a few times. Editing every page and adding ad modules/html modules is a tiresome task, there must be an easy way to paste the code at just one place and display ads across the site on each type of page, i.e.forum, topic, article, channel, homepage etc... Something similar to wordpress where I can insert the code in the header.php, footer.php or any other file I want.

Thanks.
        In Sitebuilder > Header > Header Ad HTML Module > Edit button, you can put ads to the header section which will be visible to all pages.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• rk1708
          • Jan 2015
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
          In Sitebuilder > Header > Header Ad HTML Module > Edit button, you can put ads to the header section which will be visible to all pages.
          Thanks Glenn,

But what to do if I want to add more ads into the other part of the pages, like below the page title or where the announcement modules are displayed, and one ad somewhere before the topics display module?

Is there a way I can create a template by adding modules and then apply this template to all the channels/forums and topic pages?

I created a child theme for VBulletin Default Theme and edited its CSS to make some changes, now how do I apply this to my site? It is not appearing in the Edit Site > Quick Setup > Theme list?

Thanks
          Last edited by rk1708; Wed 4 Feb '15, 10:13pm.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

The quick setup shouldn't be used more than once. To add ads in multiple places you'll either need to edit the templates or use the site builder. There isn't really a way around it.

As for the login box/ and ability to sign out, I suspect some custom html/css or js you've added is causing the problems. I'd advise you to disable your ads, and then try the default style with template modifications.

You can also try reuploading the default files again and overwriting the old files. I'd also advise re-running the upgrader.

Comment

• rk1708
              • Jan 2015
              • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
              The quick setup shouldn't be used more than once. To add ads in multiple places you'll either need to edit the templates or use the site builder. There isn't really a way around it.

As for the login box/ and ability to sign out, I suspect some custom html/css or js you've added is causing the problems. I'd advise you to disable your ads, and then try the default style with template modifications.

You can also try reuploading the default files again and overwriting the old files. I'd also advise re-running the upgrader.
              The login box issue occurred after the upgrade

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS-REPEATED MANY TIMES?
              How to edit the template?
              How to apply same template to all forums so that I can insert ads to all forums at once?
              How to apply same topic page template to all topic pages?
              I've not added any custom CSS or JS, just did 2-3 small changes in the existing CSS files of the child theme of Default theme. How to apply the child theme as default.

Comment

• rk1708
                • Jan 2015
                • 5.1.x

I tried re-running the upgrader but it stuck at 50%...now what???????

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb-upgrade.png
Views:	83
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	4291202

Comment

• rk1708
                  • Jan 2015
                  • 5.1.x

Another error
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	another.png
Views:	80
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	4291204

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Is your MySQL max_packet_size smaller than 1mb? Is your MySQL wait_timeout under 60 seconds?

Comment

• AE1Pt
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
                      A template hook can be created to programmatically click the A icon on page load.

Hook Location: editor_after_secondary_toolbar_icons

Template:
                      Code:
                      <script>
                      (function() {
                      window.addEventListener('load', function() {
                      $('.b-toolbar__item[data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--toggle-editor"]').click();
                      });
                      })();
                      </script>
                      I give up.... Looking all over the template editing options for the default template I simply cannot find where the >>editor_after_secondary_toolbar_icons is located.

Could someone please steer me to the right place to insert this snippet?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

You add that to the plugin system, not the templates.
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                          Former vBulletin Developer
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 5.7.X

Go to one of my mods (in my sig) to see the instructions on how to create a template hook. The instructions are similar.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment