Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Moore
    • Mar 2011

Question Before Upgrading to Beta 26

I see a lot of people are having issues after upgrading to Beta 26... I'm currently still running Beta 24, but if I upgrade to 26 am I going to be sorry? Because there's not anything in 24 that I can't deal with. But if I do have problems, how would I go about going back to beta 24? I have a backup of the database, but how do I use it and what will downgrading entail? Thanks
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You should ALWAYS take a database backup before doing an upgrade. That way, if you aren't successful, you may just reupload the old files and point it to the database backup and then you are back where you started.

(You should also always do a test upgrade on your test site first to see whether there are any problems.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• David Moore
      • Mar 2011

Thanks, but I don't have a test site... how can I do that? I don't know how to do it without the test site becoming public and thus violating the terms of my license. Thanks for any help you can give with this.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Creating A Test Site (Updated)

as for it not being viewable by the public, just password protect the directory (usually an option in your hosting control panel) or create your own .htaccess file to password protect it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment