Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhiskeyOSS
    • Apr 2010

Beta 26 New user registration failed and users can not reply

An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed. is the message I am getting when new people try to register....

some users get error 200 when they try to reply to posted messages...
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Please use a totally default style, disable all plugins, and then see if you still have the same problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
      • Apr 2010

Not sure what is going on switch to default and now my entire forums are messed up

- - - Updated - - -

Ok got it at default but still getting same error..

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to overwrite the files and do a re upgrade and see if that fixes the issues...

- - - Updated - - -

That did not work still have same issue and I am attaching my error log maybe that will help its greek to me at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone got an Idea how to resolve this issue I have a event planned and need to allow new registrations how can I get face book log in to work also
      Attached Files

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

You need to add the time/date to your error_logs - it's impossible to tell how old these errors are.

This error:
        Code:
        PHP Warning:  require_once(includes/vb5/autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/whiskey/public_html/index.php on line 30
        PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/vb5/autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/lib/php') in /home/whiskey/public_html/index.php on line 30
        is saying you are missing a file. But, since you don't put a timestamp on these (talk to your host about this), I don't know if it's a new or old error.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
          • Apr 2010

Contacted my host and a time stamp can not be added but the error log is reset every 24 hours I will get the new one soon and re-attach it so we can review it... As for a file missing I re uploaded the files re ran the upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the new log

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/vb5/autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/lib/php') in /home/whiskey/public_html/index.php on line 30
          PHP Warning: require_once(includes/vb5/autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/whiskey/public_html/index.php on line 30
          PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/vb5/autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/lib/php') in /home/whiskey/public_html/index.php on line 30
          PHP Warning: require_once(includes/vb5/autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/whiskey/public_html/index.php on line 30
          Last edited by WhiskeyOSS; Sat 26 Jan '13, 6:58am.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

And do you see this file on your site - includes/vb5/autoloader.php ? And what are the permissions on it? And how large is it?

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Lynne
              And do you see this file on your site - includes/vb5/autoloader.php ? And what are the permissions on it? And how large is it?
              Yes its there and its permission were 644 I changed them to 777 and its 699 kb in size and its still not working

- - - Updated - - -

Do you understand which file or directory it is looking for ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	directory.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	3691179

I have included a picture of the file structure...
              and i have since edited the permissions all to 755 per the service provider

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone else chime in on this I still have the issue of registration does not work and would like to get it figured out please...
              Last edited by WhiskeyOSS; Sat 26 Jan '13, 3:32pm.

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by WhiskeyOSS
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed. is the message I am getting when new people try to register....
                This issue is now fixed as per ticket.

Cause: for whatever reason, Q&A ended up being set as the Human Verification option, but no questions were actually set up. This caused the error.

I'm going to log in the tracker that really this isn't terribly intuitive, and it ought to be made more obvious what the problem is. The problem is fixed though, registration works again.
                Last edited by Mark.B; Mon 28 Jan '13, 9:52pm.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
                  • Apr 2010

Thank you Mark B for your support of this matter...

Comment