Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjfry
    • Jun 2007

Site refresh / reload

Hi actually I am testing vBulletin 5 the newest beta 25. All runs very smoothly and good, but one problem I got with sites refresh. So I try to explain it:

When I write a post with my Account and after that log in with another User with another browser and open my site the posting ist NOT in the avtivity list. First I have to press "F5" to manually refresh my site than the post is in this list. This is also with notifcations and nerally everthing what is new. Before I can see those things I have to refresh the brwoser manually with "F5".

I have already searched in this forum but did not find a solutions for this problem, so I post here.

I have only the .htaccess for rewrite and no other cache canfigured in the config.php.

Thanks for help!

Benny
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Is it the same way on our demo site? http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• pjfry
      • Jun 2007

Yes it is So is this "as designed" or a bug?

For clarification:

I post a new thread or a reply in a forum. Then I visit my forum with another account in another browser. And I can not see the new thread in the homepage "Last acttvities" first I have to refreseh the site manually with "F5" to see it in the last activity stream.

One more thing:

Even after I read this new post in the homepage activity stream it is marked as unread

Thanks for your help

Benny

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

There are a lot of bugs in Jira related to refresh, but I don't see one exactly like this (just do a search on "refresh" in Jira and then select to only show those in the vBulletin 5 project), so you may want to enter this into Jira. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...e!default.jspa

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment