Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DemOnstar
    • Nov 2012

Reputation Indicator

Is there a way we can change the colour of the reputation indicator below the avatar?
    I mean change it in a way whereas, as reputation increases, the colour intensity within the indicator changes accordingly. Or if possible the colour itself changes? For example; Green to Blue to Red.

Small detail I know but still......

• BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

There are 4 color rep graphics (Well 6 if you include black and grey) but basically you just need to edit the graphics in your /core/images/reputation/ directory... You can make them any colors or shape you want.

Comment

• DemOnstar
      • Nov 2012

Cheers Joe, that sounds so easy.

So I can. For example, your reputation level indicator bar thingy on this site shows about 50% Green above your avatar. It also displays a lighter shade of Green after about 25%. Using this as an example, when your level approaches 75%, is it possible to change that colour to say an Amber? And at 100%, could we fade to Red? But keep in mind I want to see all the colours in the bar, displayed together right the way from Green to Red.

Or maybe this site already does this but I haven't seen it yet.

Am I at all clear on this or is this just all completely clearly waffle?

Thanks.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

There's only 2 "shades" by default... the darker color is the reputation_pos.png image and the lighter color is reputation_highpos.png. For positive rep those are your only two images to work with. You can make one blue and one amber but you can't add additional colors.

Then there is the red and dark red for negative rep.

There is no way to add additional color levels without custom coding. I know there was a mod "Extended Reputation" for VB4 which added additional colors and shapes but haven't seen one for VB5.

Comment

• DemOnstar
          • Nov 2012

Nice one Joe, that gives me somewhere to start.

I have never done a custom coding jobbie, I can afford to lose styles or any customization I have made to Beta 24.
          Not that it matters, Beta's 26 and 27 may do that for me... ho ho, and there's no way to revert. I could try my css.additionals.

I will destroy everything but may well succeed in changing the rep indicator. Sounds like a challenge whilst I am waiting.
          Looking forward to the big day but no urging. It all looks promising.

Bye for now.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Actually- upon further inspection- forget everything i said. It seems those reputation images aren't used in VB5 at all, they are only for VB 3 & 4. Will have to see why they are even included in the download package. Reputation in VB5 uses CSS and gradients, no simple files to edit color of. Will still need custom coding for more colors.
            Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Sat 19 Jan '13, 1:26pm.

Comment

• DemOnstar
              • Nov 2012

Thanks again Joe, I will leave that one for a while.

Comment