X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deepnoizer
    • Jan 2013
    • 4.2.X

Latest Activity question

I'm still finding my way around the engine but there is something that I'm worried is missing to make it functional.

This hit me today when on our existing forums someone made a thread about the recent last book of wheel of time series, marked it as spoiler to warn people but the element on our front page showing latest posts showed the content. That created tons of rage so it made me wonder how to approach that scenario in vb5.
    Latest activity is great but the way it is right now it pulls the activity from all the forums. What bothers me is the fact that I can't exclude forums/sub-forums from that section. Unless I'm missing some existing mechanism already in place, it would make a lot of sense where you could exclude specific forums from the Latest Activity feed or even when user creates a tread/reply ability to exclude specific activity.
    While searching around I saw that vBulletin stated that they are not interested in adding default spoiler taggs and I agree that this was not needed in older version of engine, if you don't want to see whats inside, don't click it setup.
    This might require second look where the content is presented in a different way than we are used to.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The current solution would be to create a custom BBCode that enables a spoiler tag on your system. There are instructions on how to do this on vBulletin.org that continue to work in vBulletin 5.

If you want the ability to block specific forums from the Activity Stream, that needs to be entered into JIRA as a Feature Request.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment