How/Why does a "/" in the URL affect umlauts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

How/Why does a "/" in the URL affect umlauts?

If I am linking to a page that does not exist, vB5 displays an error message ("Wrong URL. If this error..."). I have translated this message ("Ungültige URL. Wenn dieser Fehler..."). Now here is what I do not understand:

If the link has no "/" at the end – www.example.com/a-page-that-does-not-exist –, then the message shows up correctly ("Ungültige URL").

If the link, for whatever reason, has a "/" at the end – www.example.com/a-page-that-does-not-exist/ –, then the message has some issues ("Ungültige URL").
    1. Why does that happen? Where is the difference between an URL with and without a "/"? (I thought there was none.)
    2. How can I force the message to display correctly?
    3. Is there a way to make the "/" disappear automatically, if someone enters an URL with a "/" at the end? This does already happen, if I enter an URL to an existing page.

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I'll see if I can't get someone to look into the issue, or at least give you an explanation.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...