X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • humpty
    • Mar 2011
    • 4.1.x

Site Does Not Refresh

As with Popsicle (in another thread) I'm finding the same issue of the site not refreshing when an action is performed. Often when I come back to the site it tells me that X number of people are online, but after a forced refresh that number changes. Also when a forum has been read completely, the indicators still show that there are unread posts. Sometimes a forced refresh is required a few times before the site updates.

I have the supplied .htaccess file in the root directory - unmodified.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Are you using any caching on your server?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• humpty
      • Mar 2011
      • 4.1.x

Not that I'm aware of - if I am where would I find this out lol.

I'm using Nimbus hosting and the site software was uploaded and installed as is. I haven't changed any settings in the AdminCP in regards to caching. The strange thing is that 'sometimes' it will update without refreshing, for example if I use the channel admin controls and say 'mark this channel as read' then it works, but reading all the posts in a channel so they are effectively read doesn't update the indicators, which still say that some topics are unread.

Also, I've activated the Online Users module and placed it on the forum home page; sometimes this doesn't update correctly either. When I go back to the site it tells me that people are online, but when I refresh the page they're not actually there; it's as if the last session is being displayed as active. Sometimes when I go back the Online User tells me that I'm logged in and one guest, but a manual refresh eliminates the guest and only I remain.

The strange thing is that this appears to be intermittent - a little like my remaining logged in; sometimes I'm always logged in, return later and still logged in - yet other times when I go back I'm logged out even though I tell the system to remember me.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the kind of thing that I'm on about - see images:

Click image for larger version

Name:	online1.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	3691078Click image for larger version

Name:	online2.png
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	3691079

The first one shows when I return to the site after an hour or so. It shows One User online no members and 1 guest, but as you can clearly see there are two members online.

After a refresh the second image shows two users online, 1 member and 1 guest, but as you can clearly see there are still two members online lol.

A similar intermittent fault is logging in - I login and say 'remember me' and the site does, even after leaving it and coming back later, but quite often I get logged out on a subsequent return visit - weird!

Comment

• humpty
        • Mar 2011
        • 4.1.x

Here's a quick update on this issue, which continues.

I've just opened my browser to my site and this is what the Online Users module is showing lol.

Name:	online.png
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	3691127

As you can see it states 0 users online, 0 members and 0 guests, yet you can see that two Users are online lol.

It's pretty much a random affair too - sometimes it shows correctly, but more often than not it doesn't.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

Can you post a screenshot of the config settings for that module please.
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• humpty
            • Mar 2011
            • 4.1.x

Hi Trevor, not a lot of settings in that module but here you go:

Name:	online3.png
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	3691128

Comment

• humpty
              • Mar 2011
              • 4.1.x

Ha hah! The Online Users module is having a nervous breakdown.

The most users online section is fluctuating from day to day - one day it will say Most Users Ever Online is 6, next day it will be 2, next day 3, next day 1, next day 4 and so on; and the date keeps changing too. And it's still not recognising who is 'actually' online lol.

Comment