Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DemOnstar
    • Nov 2012

Basics

Ok, I have a few design issues but I have spent long enough on the side of things and now I need to get to grips with forum building.
    I have tried but I am useless.
    I now basically understand how to utilize the HTML module and I have set an example of it on the main page. (Forums).
    Underneath the HTML module I want to add a comments box.
    How?

The comments taken from that box will then form the Forum content where people can read comments made by others and respond. Sounds simple.
    How?

After submitting their comments, they will be taken to the the forum pertaining to that page.
    How?

If I understand how to get the comment box under the HTML, I can repeat it on all the newly created pages and take it from there. Maybe?

Thanks all.....

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Comments on what exactly?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• DemOnstar
      • Nov 2012

I don't really know yet Trevor, maybe some article or something of interest. I would like people to look at it, read it or whatever and then leave some thought or opinion about it. That's it to begin with. Thanks...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

If you want them to comment on articles, how are you creating the articles as there is no option for this in vB5 at this time?

If it's Blog entries, they can comment directly on the entry (if they have permission). If you're looking to put some form of generic 'comments' box in there and have the comments assigned to differing content somehow, you're going to need to write some PHP code to effect this, something we don't provide support for.
        Vote for:

Comment

• DemOnstar
          • Nov 2012

I am creating an article via the HTML module but I guess that is for CMS.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

If you're creating an article via a module in the absence of the CMS at this time, there is no way to add comments without using custom code to capture and display these. The only other option you have is creating a discussion thread in the forum then providing a link at the foot of your article to direct users to it.
            Vote for:

Comment

• DemOnstar
              • Nov 2012

Thanks mate, that is exactly what I have been doing for the past hour or so. It seems like I am on the right track and with your suggestion, I now know to which direction I should go.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...