• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

[Request] Requesting CSS Tag Information

Hello,

There are many tags for CSS that control templates.

I'm trying to edit css_additional.css for styling my site.

I'm requesting the information to do so. As it is not documented unfortunately. Same thing as I was requesting style vars before and posted them for the community.

If you will provide the css information for vb5 I will re-post this for the community in tutorials.

I hope you would be so kind. Thank you vbulletin staff.

- Bradley
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Replicant
    • Sep 2014

The css_additional.css is mainly for minor adjustments or adding custom css code for added functions or tweaks and fine tuning. If you go into the style manager in admincp and click add new style. Select No parent, enter a title for the new style and save. Then select the style variable editor in the dropdown menu to the right of the new style and click "Go" . There you will find the list of variables you are looking for.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Replicant
      The css_additional.css is mainly for minor adjustments or adding custom css code for added functions or tweaks and fine tuning. If you go into the style manager in admincp and click add new style. Select No parent, enter a title for the new style and save. Then select the style variable editor in the dropdown menu to the right of the new style and click "Go" . There you will find the list of variables you are looking for.

Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for.

I know how to use the style var editor. What I want to learn is the css information that will allow me to write my own css for the entire site.

For starters, if you could point me towards what each template is for, that would be a start.
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

If you are logged in as an administrator that can edit templates on your forum, you can add this after the URL - special/css-examples. That will give you all the CSS documentation in the system.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Brad Padgett
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          If you are logged in as an administrator that can edit templates on your forum, you can add this after the URL - special/css-examples. That will give you all the CSS documentation in the system.
          Thank you Wayne. I will give that a try.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...